M14 Forum banner

My next LRB - Any comments?

4K views 29 replies 17 participants last post by  M14wannabe 
#1 ·
Some of you may remember I bought my first LRB 18 1/2" M25 Tanker Rifle a couple of months ago shown is this post:
http://m14forum.com/gunsmithing/197035-incoming-pulled-trigger-new-lrb-m14-m25.html

99% of the time this Rifle will only be used at 100~200 yards...

My priorities in order are:
  1. Reliability
  2. Forged Receiver
  3. Traditional Look & Feel and Accuracy

I always buy at least two of everything....so I'm configuring my next one.
Any other suggestions?

M25 Rifle
  • 22" Medium Weight Chrome Lined Barrel 1:11 Twist
  • National Match Flash Hider
  • LRB National Match Spring Guide
  • USGI Walnut Stock (medium brown)
  • 10 round magazine,
  • Sling,
  • Manual
Accessories:
  • 3 - 20 Round Magazine
  • Shipping/Insurance
Total $3,103.50

I already own these two Vortex Razor Gen-II Scopes:
1~6 for the 18 1/2" Rifle
3~18 for the 22" Rifle

See less See more
#8 ·
I believe in having a pair of everything.
Hey, it worked for Noah! But watch out, now. Look at nf1e's results. Two may breed their way into four! GI2

yep, even my spares have spares. There is no such thing as to much of a good thing.
Agreed. I've always put it this way: Too much of a good thing is never enough...

#14 ·
Hey you guy's can be a little intimidating!

#16 ·
Yeah, I'm not so sure Nacho's comment seems appropriate to me either, I might even consider it trolling as it did illicit a negative emotional response (as noted in the forum rules). The OP's post was fine, as was the rest of ours in my opinion. If most posts seem intimidating, it is just what is lost in the translation of text without face to face communications and the benefit of body language and expressions, and being able to see someone's demeanor.
On good terms, I am one of the friendliest guys and most willing to help that you could meet, as is the case with most of the gentlemen on here. Sometimes that doesn't come across in print.
I hope my post wasn't looked upon as rude, I was just plainly sharing my strategy theory. If my response seemed unfriendly to the OP I apologize.
m14brian

#18 ·
Your meaning seemed perfectly clear to me, and there was certainly nothing negative about it, Brian. I rather liked it! I think the only negative comment was from Nacho, and I really don't get his response. For the most part, we all tend to want more than one example of certain fine pieces of hardware, the M14 variants among them. I know for some, it is all one can do to find the money for one, and I've been there, believe me. But towards those who are blessed enough to have the disposable funds, and who feel the need, there is no reason for anyone else to be anything but glad for the occasion when pictures and descriptions are shared so that we can all appreciate the hardware. A little good-natured envy is not a bad thing, but jealousy and rudeness should be left out of the forum. Besides, we all need to have something to aspire to! DI5

#20 ·
Someday if I have the coin to buy either four consecutive numbered LRB M14 or USGI tails of the four manufacture's receivers. I've kept together all four manufacture's complete kits as far as manufacturer and drawing numbers go. I don't sweat trying to find who built the unmarked parts, unless it's obvious.

#22 ·
Someday if I have the coin to buy either four consecutive numbered LRB M14. I don't sweat trying to find who built the unmarked parts, unless it's obvious.
Call me crazy, but I believe in an arsenal that you make sure can be used by someone else. Pass that stuff out to good shooters, and you will have that much more working for you.

It's very hard to do for me because it is expensive. I have trouble just keeping my sets at two, but the more the better. Makes me want to order some parts. DI5

#23 ·
High Voltage,
The part kits were built up slowly over a span of years. I'm by no means even close to rich.
I've bought NOS in the wrapper when a decent price came along. Stuff like gas cylinders flash hiders, trigger housings. Still have the four pack of H&R magazines. My collection pales to many members here on the forum.
I bought a lot of M1 & M14 parts from CMP before 911 when by today's prices were dirt cheap.

#27 · (Edited)
Here is my latest 22" LRB....the thing shoots wonderfully....
Ragged holes at 100 yards when I'm calm.....
I'm thinking about stripping the Rail, Scope, and Cheek-Riser from my 18 1/2" rifle and shoot it through Iron-Sights only, off-hand.
Then order ANOTHER 22" like the picture below and rotate scopes as desired.
I've been thinking about special ordering a GAP-Gladius Bolt-Action....but decided to order the 3rd LRB instead.

View attachment 117225
View attachment 117233

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.