M14 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a carry permit, and usually carry a Smith Airweight, but just picked up a 9mm Sig P290. It's a little fellow, and sure pocket carries well. Never even know it's there.......

Recoil is not bad, laser is nice. It comes with a seven and 8 round mag.

·
Registered
452 Posts
very nice! I couldnt decide between that and the p238 (mini 1911) I went with the p238 in then end, and am happy with that (with teh exception of .380 prices...). Im sure you will not reget yours either. Heck I may end up with one of those too!

btw have you seen the new p224 ?!?!
http://www.sigsauer.com/CatalogProductDetails/p224-sas.aspx

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Before you carry it, verify the functioning. that had serious problems when first issued for sale.
Mine has no problems. It also is a late one. It was the early ones they had problems with.

But that's for the heads up.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
that is the smallest 9mm ive seen. 7rds too? man, my sig 232 is a .380 and it hold 7rds.....but it is much larger than that gun.
Yep 7 rounds, plus they give you 1 8 round mag also.

·
Registered
440 Posts
You should check out the new Sig P938. It's a 6 or 7+1 9mm styled like the .380acp P238. I guess it is supposed to compete with the Springfield EMP. Cool gun, but I don't think it's for me.

very nice! I couldnt decide between that and the p238 (mini 1911) I went with the p238 in then end, and am happy with that (with teh exception of .380 prices...). Im sure you will not reget yours either. Heck I may end up with one of those too!

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
ive been carrying the Sig p232 in .380. it's nice but i wanted something that had more kick and was easier to carry. i just picked up this S&W 340PD used with laser grips. it only carries 5rds but it weighs 11.5 ounces and shoots a .357 rd. it's the most expensive handgun i have purchased though......ouch, they are not cheap.

sorry, if i am getting off topic.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.