M14 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Premium Member
Honorary Forum Lifer
16,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here she is, I waited 2 years and 2 months to get it. It's freakin' sweet, much nicer than my TRP. Nice touches like the slide stop having a recessed shaft tip, one piece checkered magwell mainspring housing, accurized, trigger job, completely hand fitted and built in the custom shop. I added the VZ grips, those are a must on a combat 1911 in my opinion.
Enjoy!
m14brian

·
Premium Member
Honorary Forum Lifer
16,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Let us know how it shoots.
Per the FBI contract, it has to be built to shoot 1.5 MOA at 25 yards with 230gr Golden Sabre rounds for three 10 shot groups. I'm not that good bit it's going to rock. It's so tight, but almost feels like the slide is on ball bearings, just short of that it's that smooth.
m14brian

·
Registered
3,773 Posts
I love mine but its the railed version, I have a thing for operators. Mine cost me a kidney but she makes up for it at the range and in looks. It's a beauty you got there and I hope you enjoy it.

Reactions: m14brian

·
Premium Member
Honorary Forum Lifer
16,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I love mine but its the railed version
I would've loved a railed version. At the 2 year mark I started calling the custom shop almost every day until I got a real person on the phone, no message I left was returned. I wasn't too happy with the way I was handled on the phone because I learned there was a railed model an I asked if I could get one, the response was, "Do you want to wait two more years?" So I just said no, I want my pistol that I've waited twice as long as I agreed to. So I got the regular one. I am tremendously happy with it, it is very hard to get.
m14brian

·
Registered
3,773 Posts
Saw a railed model over on the hide for 3500 which was less than I bought mine for. Oh well I guess, but it was worth having it sooner than having to wait. Luckily I didn't have to wait two years. I picked it up at a local gun shop here in Utah that a customer came in and ordered it then changed his mind and the gun shop had it sitting there new in box. Guess I lucked out.

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
HAWT! Love it and that is one damn tough set of standards to hold a handgun too!

-Sapp

·
Registered
946 Posts
it's an incredibly nice 1911 and worth every penny of the 3K+ the cost and your wait. The specs on these are 1.5" ten-shot groups then do no worse than 1.75" after 10,000 rounds go through it. There are few things in this World sweeter than a precision/match accurate 1911 loaded up with 200 grain SWC's.

on the other hand, for what is what made FOR, i.e. the FBI for tactical LE use, it was and is a colossal waste of taxpayer money. Why a Glock 21 (or 10mm) for 600 bucks (w/tritiums, etc.) would not accomplish the exact same end result for the FBI is (very) hard to justify.

·
Registered
187 Posts
I love Springfield Armory higher-end production 1911s and would dearly love to own a Custom Shop Professional. Congrats on being able to acquire yours!

·
Registered
3,773 Posts
I guess I got a pretty sweet deal, $2850 out the door, including tax and DROS.
m14brian
ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!!!!! THAT IS ALL YOU PAID FOR IT!?!?!?!?!RNGR4 You my friend made a steal of a deal!!!!!

·
Premium Member
Honorary Forum Lifer
16,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
That's all I paid. Maybe he felt bad for me or didn't want to too high above the original estimate, I don't know. I bought most of my guns there so maybe being a pretty loyal customer helped.
m14brian

1 - 20 of 41 Posts