M14 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After owning a few AKs in the past I've been kinda hankering for another. So I stopped at one of our local shops today and saw this RPK. It's an AES-10B RPK by Cai. It is a genuine RPK made at the Cugir factory in Romania. Not one of these pieced together atrocities that came out on the market years prior to this one. (Heavy Bbl, thicker bulged receiver, proper bi-pod etc.)

The fit and finish is what you'd expect from an AK variant. Although It's a whole lot tighter than the WASR-10's anyway. I took it out to the range last weekend and ran about 150 rounds through the drum. I can't remember having this much fun in long time out at the range. The accuracy was pretty decent as well. I was holding just under 3" groupings at 100 yards.

This the best $600 I've spent on a rifle in a long time.

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Shw was looking like a rag doll, therefore I had to dress her up. I just finished applying some stain a couple coats of Tru-Oil. She's dressed to impress now.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Looks like you got a nice one.. check if the front sight is centered.. I saw a lot that were drifted quite a lot.. to one side or the other.. but you have a gen 1 with the adjustable rear sight.. so it's not that big a deal they are a Nice RPK.. I like mine.. Chrome lined heavy barrel.. I almost bought a second one.. a few weeks ago.. but it was $800 and I did not have the extra $$.. I was tempted.. good thing my FFL dealer doesn't take credit cards...or I'd be s¢rewed... B2B

·
Registered
137 Posts
wow very nice congrats, i couldnt resist no more and purchased one from jg sales yeserday. always wanted a rpk, heavy barreled ak/thicker receiver/bipod/carying handle/folder stock/rear sight adjustable for windage etc.. and looks darn cool, heres a pic from jg sales site

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Very nice.

wow very nice congrats, i couldnt resist no more and purchased one from jg sales yeserday. always wanted a rpk, heavy barreled ak/thicker receiver/bipod/carying handle/folder stock/rear sight adjustable for windage etc.. and looks darn cool, heres a pic from jg sales site

·
Registered
4,689 Posts

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Reckon how the Romanian RPK compares quality wise to the Chinese Norinco NHM-91? I have two of them to which I've added the laminated RPK club foot stocks as well as RPK fore ends and muzzle breaks. They too have heavy barrels with chrome lined bores and chambers as well.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=122&t=696561

http://www.hk94.com/hk/topic/27895-norinco-nhm-91-rpk-semi-automatic-rifle/

7th
Norinko's are nice rifles in their own right and most I've shot or looked at have been nicer than Romanian rifles. On a different note, is the 91 considered and RPK? I thought they were an AK/RPK hybrid.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Sweet! got me thinking about one now, need one to keep my PSL company.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Reckon how the Romanian RPK compares quality wise to the Chinese Norinco NHM-91? I have two of them to which I've added the laminated RPK club foot stocks as well as RPK fore ends and muzzle breaks. They too have heavy barrels with chrome lined bores and chambers as well.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=122&t=696561

http://www.hk94.com/hk/topic/27895-norinco-nhm-91-rpk-semi-automatic-rifle/

7th
I've owned both. The NHM, while slightly more accurate, isn't quite as hefty. But that's not to say that there's anything wimpy about it. The AES-10B is just built like a tank.

·
Registered
279 Posts
I don't think the Chinese NHM 91 are built with a RPK bulged trunion but the Chinese do use a 1.6 receiver on all their Ak's.. so it really doesn't matter.. I don't like the wire folder on a RPK just looks out of place on a SAW in my opinion. I think the Chines guns are built a little less roughly.. fit and finish better than Romo guns.. but there are no more Chinese gun to come over the pond so moot point.. B2B

·
Cranky Old Vietnam Vet
10,663 Posts
I Can't Believe All You Guys Have 'COMMIE' Guns ???

JUST KIDDING !!! (if you get my drift?!) GI5 I Have Two Of Them Myself !!!

Of Course Compared To My M1A's...I Think Of Them Like I Would Have In My
(Much!) Younger Days...
A 'Cheap Date At The Drive-In'...
NOT Something I Would Take Home To Meet Mom!!!

GI2

But Also, Good Thing You Guys Are Not All In One Place With Those Shooters...'Somebody'...Would Be Investigating You As 'Dangerous Radicals' !?!?

GI3

CAVman in WYoming

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Just thought I would pass along that CDNN has a special on 75 round drums. Buy two at $69.99 ea. and shipping is free. I just ordered two more. You can never have too many right?

·
Inquisitor
11,356 Posts
Very nice RPK and for a good price. The last time I got to play with a RPK was a little over five years ago.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.