M14 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After owning a spike horn years ago I began missing it. Was crossing on gunbroker for another. I've read the horror stories about the qc since freedom group took over. Man they weren't kidding! I've never felt a lever gun this rough. So I guess it's time for some new bits for my screwdriver and break out the Emory cloth. Why can't they take the extra 20 minutes to polish the guts? Ridiculous. On the other hand it is compact and handy like I remember.

·
Registered
4,777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mine shipped in 2012 which was in the teething area. Haven't ruin any rounds through it but appears that all is working as it should. I will test fire it Monday, go from there. It'll work out I'm sure. Once that's all done it'll get xs sights.

·
Registered
4,777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm glad to hear they are getting things right. I will buy another lever gun down the road from them. Most likely the 1894 in 45 colt. I'm not mad about it being so rough. It fell in that area they were having issues, I took the chance. For the price I've got II can't complain too much. It's not as bad as some I've heard about at least. I will get it slicked upand all will be well.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.