M14 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got a Norinco SKS yesterday. My son and I took for a test run at some local striper-pits near by. We both loved shooting this SKS. Very smooth and accurate.

·
Registered
79 IHC Scout II, 74 VW Bug class 11 look a like
7,548 Posts
When I had my FFL back in the 80's I ordered two of them when Century Arms first started carrying them. I still have one of them, Mine has the folding bayonet on it. I have put a lot of rounds through it, I also have a fixed 20mag on mine. It is very accurate for what it is, it has a chrome lined bore, came with a cleaning kit, all in all a hell of a deal for $80.00 each in 1985.

Casey

·
Registered
7,441 Posts
They are great little rifles and very fun to shoot. But I'm of an age where I'm needing reading glasses, and so the squinty rear iron sights drive me crazy (and squinty) even after many range outings. I got a scope mount from Brownells but cleaning the innards means removing it together with the scope, which is annoying in its own right.

·
Registered
687 Posts
I remember the chinese milled steel SKS's w/accessories(chromed) spike bayonet,C.Kit,ammo pouch,sling, very fondly!As was said $80 plus tax-shipping bought an unissued military manufactured chromed bbl,bolt and bolt carrier with the tip of the operating rod chromed as well.Easy to clean up from IIRC $80-$90 1100 RDS OF 7.62X39 CORROSIVE, BTFMJ STEEL CORED ammo packed in 2x550rd tins.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I bought my Norinco SKS back in 1993 for $135 and it has been a good shooter from the get go. They make a ton of aftermarket parts for them, but I haven’t done much to mine. I’ve heard a lot of people rave about the Tech-Sights for them, but I haven’t upgraded mine to those.

I did put a compensator on the muzzle and it really smoothed out the recoil. The one upgrade that you may want to look into is the firing pin/spring mod which helps prevent slam fires over the stock firing pin. Other than that, shoot, clean, and enjoy.

·
In the gilded halls of Valhala
13,515 Posts
I love the SKS, i prefer the Yugo to all other models,

the flip up night sights, and the grenade sights make them that much cooler looking, but i usually have elected to drop into a tapco t6 stock.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.