M14 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked this up last week at the local gun show from a friend there. It's a 1937 Kreighoff Luger, marked with Luftwaffe stamps. All the numbers match up (except that somewhere along the line, its bolt hold-open went missing and someone swapped out the original brown grips for the WWII Mauser "Black Widow" grips- but I'm in the process of trading around on a correct set of grips and looking for a correct hold-open) It's got some wear on it, but if it could talk I'd wager it could probably tell some stories. Unfortunately, I wouldn't understand them as I don't speak German- but it would be interesting nonetheless (not to mention the novelty of having a talking Luger! MCORPS1 ) Anyway, here it is:

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
you dont want that old mismatched clunker!!!! ill give ya 5$ for it so you need not suffer with it. nice pistol, someday i need one for my collection.

·
Registered
3,217 Posts
A friend of mine had one that was "found" after WW2 in a bathroom in Germany. His dad got it from a buddy right after the war. It is in pristine condition. He did have the original holster and belt, but he lost it. I helped him sell it a few years ago. It brought a pretty penny and I made sure it went to a good home. I am not a Luger expert so it may not have been the same as this one.
Looks very nice!!! Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
3,830 Posts
Very nice Luger. One of the most valuable handguns in the world is a Luger with the initials AH on the stocks. Guess who that one originally belonged to? Easy right? Adolf Hitler.

·
Registered
6,577 Posts
Lovely lines. Congrats!

·
Registered
3,612 Posts
Very nice Luger!! I have a 1939 S/42 that one of my uncles picked up in WWII. It came with a holster that most folks that I've shown it to say is a cut down 1911 holster. Dunno. I did pick up the correct holster for it several years ago. It was a police gun as I remember.

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
Absolutely classic lines. Truly one of the most beautiful firearms ever made. Thanks for sharing.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts