M14 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I had heavy barrel douglas put on by champions choice and warbird did the unitized gasblock for me. I painted it from reciever forward with aluma-hyde2 and it turned out great. I bought a super match stock that was glass bedded and put it on it it. I put in a rooster33 op rod guide.I have not shot it yet but i think it will be a tack driver. Still waiting on cheek rest from rooster 33 and sadlak piston.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Way to go, Bravo 2. Was it worth the wait and the work, I think so. Looks good and I hope you enjoy it...Mike

·
Registered
5,610 Posts
Mighty Fine Lookin' ... :wink:

bravo2 said:
Still waiting on cheek rest from rooster
Ya mean ta tell me that your gonna drill holes in that fine lookin stock or do ya have a spare synthetic or somethin lyin' round?

Looks great ... :D

Six

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Bravo2
What Six says times 2, please don't drill holes in that stock, it's beautiful. =P~
Couldn't you use a fiberglass one instead? :-k
I hope she shoots as good as she looks. :D

Keep 'em in the black.

Tatonka

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I am actually thinking on adding velcro under the cheekrest to hold it to the stock. You can get the 2" strips so i am thinking it may be strong enough to hold and keep cheek rest still. I may drill holes kinda don't want to since stock is so nice. I will see if i can retake pic so everyone can see it better. actually when putting rifle in stock once i got it to about .5" or little less from setting in the stock, I tried to get it off by hand and it was not coming out,lol. Its very tight once you get it most of the way on. It will be very hard to take off if i ever had to.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I don't know looks usgi lookin but have not found any markings on it, its high quality made though not like the cheap kind i seen lately. Sling came with the stock.
Any opinions on the rooster 33 cheek rest idea of velcroing it vs drilling holes? I may drill holes though,just is a pretty stock to do that to. Its going to be a scoped only use rifle anyway. My next build is going to be a DMR.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Bravo 2, IMHO, just take her out and shoot her. (Actually, we all just want a range report). I'll say it again, that is a fine looking rifle...Mike

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Man that is purty like warbird said take the lady to dinner you drill a hole in that stock you will hate yourself for life.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.