M14 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seems like everytime that I go to the Range this rifle gets left home. I usually grab one of my 22" Rifles or my 18.5" Sage/JRA EBR. So this Morning I opened the Safe and was about the grab my EBR, but took my neglected 18.5" LRB instead. It's been almost a year since I fired it and I decided to blow the dust out of it. It has all Winchester parts except the LRB Receiver, and a Criterion 18.5 Chrome lined BBL with a GI contour. I set up at 100yds and fed the Rifle 45.5gn of BLC2 under a 150gn Hornady FMJBT. Rear Sight is GI with a tall front sight designed for 18" barrels. The rifle shot great, but my 68 yr old eyes couldn't get the group tighter.

·
Super Moderator
3,399 Posts
Your 68 year-old eyes may well be better than my 54 year-old eyes!!

Great Looking Rifle and excellent shooting too!

·
Registered
473 Posts
And better than my 45 year old eyes! That is spot on with irons!! Nice!

·
Registered
8,520 Posts
Nice shooting. Looks good doing it too.

Reactions: Herr Trigger

·
Registered
6,577 Posts
Good shooting by my standards... and that's a loverly rifle.

·
Registered
4,679 Posts
Nice group and your eyes are just fine if you can still stack them in there like that. I'd like to see some of the groups you shot back in the days when you still had decent vision.

7th

·
Registered
553 Posts
I'll trade eyes w/ you some pretty good shooting after not having picked up after a year.
If you feel the rifles being neglected i'll give it some TLC. LOLand HAA!!!!!
Again, good shooting!

·
Registered
82 Posts
Nice group and your eyes are just fine if you can still stack them in there like that. I'd like to see some of the groups you shot back in the days when you still had decent vision.

7th
^^^This

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
You look good to go to my eyes! Nice rifle and a great group.

·
Registered
2,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks for all of the kind words Guys. Actually that was the best group fired out of about a dozen targets. I think that Lady Luck had her hand on my Shoulder when I fired that string. That Rifle was my 1st LRB and is a keeper for sure. I will be travelling to Long Island to see the Kids in a couple of Weeks and will stop off at LRB to tell Lou how much I like his Product, and perhaps pick up a few goodies................Lew

1 - 20 of 21 Posts