M14 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good evening, folks!

I finally have my rifle in a condition where I wanted to share it! This rifle started as a SOCOM II with extended cluster rail. After playing around with the wood stock traditional look, I picked up an NM rifle from Jon Wolfe, so I thought I would make this one modern again. This build was inspired by deathsythe311 and the stripped down EBR that he shared a couple years ago.

The stock itself came to me pretty worn and the black anodizing was getting purple-ish. I got it at a good price and then sent it off to Weapon Works LLC to be refinished. It came out amazing! If you haven't heard of Weapon Works, check them out - they are veteran-owned, the owner, Zac, is great to work with, and they have some amazing patterns. This is their MC Black pattern.

I am super excited to have this "done"! (Is any build ever really done?)

What do you folks think?

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
11,140 Posts
I'm not a modern m14 guy but I can't denies that it does look good, if I were to do anything different I would have had the SOCOM II removed from the op-rod for a cleaner look.

Reactions: Quatro

·
Registered
33 Posts
Good evening, folks!

I finally have my rifle in a condition where I wanted to share it! This rifle started as a SOCOM II with extended cluster rail. After playing around with the wood stock traditional look, I picked up an NM rifle from Jon Wolfe, so I thought I would make this one modern again. This build was inspired by deathsythe311 and the stripped down EBR that he shared a couple years ago.

The stock itself came to me pretty worn and the black anodizing was getting purple-ish. I got it at a good price and then sent it off to Weapon Works LLC to be refinished. It came out amazing! If you haven't heard of Weapon Works, check them out - they are veteran-owned, the owner, Zac, is great to work with, and they have some amazing patterns. This is their MC Black pattern.

I am super excited to have this "done"! (Is any build ever really done?)

What do you folks think?

Great looking rifle! Enjoy it, and shoot piles of ammo!

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm not a modern m14 guy but I can't denies that it does look good, if I were to do anything different I would have had the SOCOM II removed from the op-rod for a cleaner look.
Thanks, Phil! I agree, maybe at some point down the road I'll do that or get a GI op rod or an SAI, if I find a good deal on one.

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Nice .... I'm tiring living behind the lines where nothing on that rifle is legislatively legal.

Enjoy it and shoot a couple extra mags thru it for me lol.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks for all the feedback so far. Any EBR (or other pistol-grip style M14s) owners have anything to say about the value of a trigger shoe? I've been thinking about picking up one of those, but I would love to hear feedback from someone who has some extensive experience with one first.

·
Super Moderator
11,140 Posts
Thanks for all the feedback so far. Any EBR (or other pistol-grip style M14s) owners have anything to say about the value of a trigger shoe? I've been thinking about picking up one of those, but I would love to hear feedback from someone who has some extensive experience with one first.
I would pass on the trigger shoe, the set screws are known too blow out. I have no experience with them but I hear that is a common complaint.

Reactions: Quatro

·
Registered
125 Posts
Tony Ben has a video on the trigger shoe that may be worth watching. I can't speak to their durability or whether the set screws wear out though. Shooting Sight sells an actual machined trigger with a contour more suited for an EBR (and similar to the trigger shoe, but costs more).

Anyone ever drill holes through a trigger and tap them so that the set screws for the trigger shoe can be threaded into the trigger? I considered doing this if I were to purchase one for my EBR, but I'm not sure if it has ever been done.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Tony Ben has a video on the trigger shoe that may be worth watching. I can't speak to their durability or whether the set screws wear out though. Shooting Sight sells an actual machined trigger with a contour more suited for an EBR (and similar to the trigger shoe, but costs more).

Anyone ever drill holes through a trigger and tap them so that the set screws for the trigger shoe can be threaded into the trigger? I considered doing this if I were to purchase one for my EBR, but I'm not sure if it has ever been done.
Thanks for the reminder - I'll have to go back and look at the Shooting Sight option again.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts