M14 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I almost have my M6A1 done. This is my SHTF rifle! The piston set up makes cleaning easy and there is no extra heat put on the bolt. My LWRC is by far the best made AR I have ever had. Here it is so far.

M6A1 14.7" pa upper with 1 piece carrier up grade.
LWRC complete lower from Northwest Tactical (I just got it on Friday!)
Trijicon Acog TA31F-G
Troy LWRC marked rear sight
Tango Down stubby front grip
Danial Defense QD rail stud
VTAC light mount
Surefire G2 light
Blue Force Gear VCAS sling
Samson Field Survivor in the grip
LWRC Advanced Cam Pin
A "Don't Tread On Me" ejection port cover
And I have a PWS FSC556 that I need to get installed this week.
I still want to get a LWRC Advanced Combat Bolt and a Larue Acog mount.
Now I can't wait to get out to the range!

·
Registered
476 Posts
Nicely done. Last month, I had been looking at the DD upper you had posted in the BX. All week long, I would look at it, ponder, and so on. So finally I was ready to send an I'll take it PM, and missed it by 15 minutes. You had decided not to get rid of it and I don't blame you. My loss, I should have been a little quicker. I've picked up a DD stripped upper and DD 18 SPR barrel that I have soaking in water so they sprout & grow the rest of the parts needed. DI5 Very nice job on your rifle.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nicely done. Last month, I had been looking at the DD upper you had posted in the BX. All week long, I would look at it, ponder, and so on. So finally I was ready to send an I'll take it PM, and missed it by 15 minutes. You had decided not to get rid of it and I don't blame you. My loss, I should have been a little quicker. I've picked up a DD stripped upper and DD 18 SPR barrel that I have soaking in water so they sprout & grow the rest of the parts needed. DI5 Very nice job on your rifle.
I just ordered a DD lower from G&R Tactical for my DD upper. My DD is the only DI AR I am keeping. I have been sell off all of my DI ARs to by more LWRC rifles!

·
Registered
939 Posts
So funny - my M6A1 is configured almost exactly like yours (I went T-1 versus your ACOG, and Magpul versus your Vltor).

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Greetings,

Very nice carbine EBAM1A!

Did you build the upper or purchase it all together? I'm going to be helping a friend who wants to do a piston upper and that will be my first. Appreciate any input!

Regards, Jim

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Greetings,

Very nice carbine EBAM1A!

Did you build the upper or purchase it all together? I'm going to be helping a friend who wants to do a piston upper and that will be my first. Appreciate any input!

Regards, Jim
It is a complete Upper from LWRC. They don't sell just the piston parts you would needGI4. I looked at all the different piston uppers and kits on the market. After a lot of reading and research I bought the LWRC .LWRC is one of the most expensive piston uppers out there but it was well worth it.

·
Registered
2,764 Posts
I just ordered a DD lower from G&R Tactical for my DD upper. My DD is the only DI AR I am keeping. I have been sell off all of my DI ARs to by more LWRC rifles!

You can still go piston without selling off the DI's. Nice LWRC, by the way. The Adams system is very close to the way the LWRC runs. If keeping a standard front sight base is wanted than consider Osprey's system.

DI5

·
Registered
412 Posts
Yo dude, does your Rifle's bolt have the 'whale tail' on the extractor? If it does then it's the Advanced Combat Bolt. My bolt and carrier came Nickel and has the ACB. They 'should' all come that way now.

Check out my LWRCI hotness. I still need to submit my paper work... GI9

I'm going to switch out the Vltor on mine for my UBR and my local shop ordered me some Troy Micro sights. HK front and Dioptic rear, I think I'd prefer the M4 style front but they don't make them, hopefully in the future...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts