M14 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Folks, I recieved my M14 (national match) from LRB two weeks ago. Finally, got a chance to send a few rounds down range. I had a short amount of time so, 6 shots was used. I am happy. I shot from 100 yards, calm wind and used M118 ammo. Did not use a rest. I put the jacket on, cinched up the sling, and shot it from the prone position. I was impressed with the sight tracking, even more impressed I didn't have to tinker with windage. I measured the 4 shot group at .910 (using vernier calipers). Maybe I'll put the match rifle in the cabinet and go back to service rifle. Sorry, about the pic orientation.

dc

·
Registered
4,408 Posts
I wish more folks would start off with and get proficient with iron sights instead of scoping from day 1 without ever learning how to use the irons. I admit, I feel more confident with a scope, but I am working on that by using irons much more.
My first BB gun had some sights similar to the 14, and I was not very friendly to the birds, bumble bees, squirrels, or even my buddies. Yes, we shot each other with bb guns "low power" in the woods playing army and invading each others forts. I was good with irons once, so I seek to be good with them again.
Nice shootin' bud! Welcome to the forum. If you are ever in Alabama, look me up and we can go punch some holes in some paper, and maybe even some deer or wild pigs.
You got a picture of the rifle that shot that nice congregation of raged edged holes?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
As for the match rifle, I shoot an Eliseo R5, chambered in 6mmBR. It's a Pierce Action (Remington Clone), with a Broughton barrel. Yes, it is a sweet shooter. The M14 is a rear lugged reciever, and I used an old SA Supermatch wooden stock. McMillian was back logged and slightly expensive. I used my iPhone to take the picture, which I'm sure is not the best quality.

dc

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
That's what I'm talking about........

.......... I didn't have to tinker ..............

With a quality rifle, that's the way it should be on the first outing.

Thanks,

Hobo

1 - 9 of 9 Posts