M14 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my turn around time on this one was pretty good. One week ago it was a stripped receiver. I did have to borrow the op rod from my polytech because of course USPS couldnt deliver my winchester op rod when they said they were but i should have it monday. anyway this is an all GI parts build with GI SA barrel new in wrapper TRW bolt and the rest is GI as well. I was able to keep the build cost below 2,000$ for this one and it sure looks great next to my other new unfired LRB 18''er

·
Premium Member
15,262 Posts

·
Registered
2,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Premium Member
15,262 Posts
Thanks Boomer. They were supposed to be for cold Winter days. Got them Thursday and couldn't resist putting them together. One has a Chicom take off barrel and gas cyl. The other is a Sako/Lowel NM repro from Criterion. My test was to build them alike and shoot side by side on my range for comparison. Some of the other rifles I have had with chrome lined Chicom barrels will hold there own against the big buck ones. What the heck, it's all fun. I always seem to find something to keep me busy.

[URL=http://s1180.photobucket.com/user/nf1e/media/IMG_0850_zps96fa0472.jpg.html][/URL]

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
You've both built some beautiful rifles.

Reactions: boomer1983

·
Registered
3,818 Posts
As usual boomer nice looking shooters.

·
Registered
2,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks Boomer. They were supposed to be for cold Winter days. Got them Thursday and couldn't resist putting them together. One has a Chicom take off barrel and gas cyl. The other is a Sako/Lowel NM repro from Criterion. My test was to build them alike and shoot side by side on my range for comparison. Some of the other rifles I have had with chrome lined Chicom barrels will hold there own against the big buck ones. What the heck, it's all fun. I always seem to find something to keep me busy.

[URL=http://s1180.photobucket.com/user/nf1e/media/IMG_0850_zps96fa0472.jpg.html][/URL]
that's crazy you went with a chicom barrel because that's exactly what I was gonna do for my rockola build but I couldn't find a cheap one. I had one heel marked poly that outshot 2 lrbs I owned one with a criterion barrel and one with an hr barrel. Those Chinese made good barrels

·
Premium Member
15,262 Posts
that's crazy you went with a chicom barrel because that's exactly what I was gonna do for my rockola build but I couldn't find a cheap one. I had one heel marked poly that outshot 2 lrbs I owned one with a criterion barrel and one with an hr barrel. Those Chinese made good barrels
Yep. I have been waiting on a couple of barrels since June from Wolfe.
I picked up a pair of consecutive ser numberd Fulton receivers at Camp Perry in August. Those were supposed to be for a Winter project too.
Well, got impatient and put those together using Chinese barrels from takes off that were hanging around. They shoot so close to 1 to 1.5 moa thay I decided to leave them on. For the last two with the Rock-Ola receivers I used one Chinese and one Criterion barrel. I used Rock-Ola bolts and all the rest of the parts are USGI. I thought it would be a good test to shoot them side by side for my own comparison. Way too many folks put down the Chicom stuff. Better for us that want to build. Plenty of their part around a reasonable prices.
Enough of my babble. Time for coffee.

[URL=http://s1180.photobucket.com/user/nf1e/media/IMG_0769_zpsc6700e0c.jpg.html][/URL]

[URL=http://s1180.photobucket.com/user/nf1e/media/IMG_0835_zpsad847a34.jpg.html][/URL]
Have a great day.
Semper Fi
Art

·
Retired
4,615 Posts
Can you say SWEET??? Man, that sure looks nice. I already have more M14's than I need, but this is just so tempting....
And I'd still like a Fulton receiver too....
And a Rocky.....
Danged expensive hobby (addiction).GI4

1 - 20 of 31 Posts