M14 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While visiting a local gun show, I was seduced and fell to temptation once again! This time a pretty little N frame in the form of a model 25-2 came home with me. She is in perfect shape (no bluing wear) and still has her original box and paperwork. Came with a handful of half moom and full moon clips. Does anyone know if 45 ACP reloading dies will also work on 45 Auto Rim? Regardless...she makes a nice addition to my humble collection of Smith & Wesson revolvers!
200629_002.jpg S&W collection.JPG

·
Registered
10,554 Posts
It's been a few decades, but I seem to recall that the dies are the same, only the shell holders are different.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys! Looks like I need a Lee #13 hand primer shell holder and a Lee R13 press shell holder!

·
Registered
621 Posts
Your M25-2 should be a .45 Auto cartridge. The M25 was available, depending on series and year, in .45 Auto or .45 Colt.

Oh, wait, I get it. You want to use .45 Auto Rim cases so you don't need moon clips. Gotcha.

That's a nice collection you've got. I only have three S&W's; a M19-3, a M28-2, and a M57 no dash. I'd love to find a M25 in .45 Colt.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts