M14 Forum banner

My latest Project - EBR

2476 Views 8 Replies 6 Participants Last post by  magfed308
So I finally gathered all the parts to build me my dream gun. I've had the M1A Loaded for about twelve years now. It is my favorite gun but up until now I really wasn't to comfortable with it. I even went so far as to build my own stock cause I couldn't afford one of the real expensive custom stocks. She is already a truely accurate example (with me behind itDI2), under a minute with FGM in a standard wood stock. I've been dreaming about the Sage Stock since it came out however never had the financial means in which to procure one.....until recently when a buddy of mine with a Socom in a Sage stock asked if I wanted to buy the Sage. My eyes WIIIIDE OPEN I answered hell yeah. He only wanted $300 for it. I took the stock home and immediatly grab my Loaded and stripped her down. Once I got to the top rail I noticed a problem. IT WOULD FIT OVER THE BARREL.....CRAP, so I went to work with my Dremel and removed what material needed to be removed. Now it fits beautifully. I knew I wanted it scoped so I searched high and low for a Sage Cantilever scope mount. No luck. It's been back ordered everywhere. I guess the military is getting them all, which is fine by me cause they need parts more then I want them. Since the sage mount was out I decided to mount my Smith Enterprises. Yup, another nogo. It wouldn't mount due to it being to low on the bottem and the sage stock top rail being to high. I went to work again and removed what material needed to be removed from the top rail. She fits now. Below are some before and after pics. I will be painting it, as soon as I figure out what pattern I want.

Parts list:
SA M1a Loaded
Sage mk14 Mod 1 tactical stock system
Tango Down pistol grip
MAGPUL CTR Butt Stock
MAGPUL cheek rest 3/4" riser
MAGPUL forward grip
Buffer tube 5 position , mil spec
Buffer tube lock nut
Smith Enterprises Scope mount
A.R.M.S. Inc throw lever QD scope rings
Leapold Mark 4 M3, mildot reticle
Sadlak spring guide, NM
Sadlak Ti piston
Harris Bipod

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
573 Posts
Ive have seen your gun some were else i think it was on the Perfect Union Forum, and imediatly i wanted that same stock you have. (You wouldnt be interested in selling would you, cause if so I want it)

I like the look of your M1A in the Sage it looks realy good. Love the pic of all the parts spread on the floor really gives you a sense of how many parts are in an M14.

Good Shooting.

TXS

· Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
He got a six screw cover and needs a five scrrrew cover to fit the medium weight barrel. The other option is dremel the sixth screw hole so it clears.
You are right. In fact, with a heavy wieght barrel and the six screw cover, there are two areas that need to be "dremeled" in order to fit properly. Yes the 6th screw hole needs to be dremeled but the inside of the cover also needs to have material removed in order to clear the barrel. As it was, the cover was making contact with the barrel and seating all the way down and back (towards the reciever).

If you look at the parts layout picture, you'll also notice there is one more area that needed to be "dremeled". In order for My Smith Enterprises scope mount to work, Three notches (if thats what there called) on the picatinny rail needed to be removed, plus a little more. None of these mods affect anything structural. I could've ordered a cover with 5 holes, but I know how to use a dremel so why. I have good spacing between the gun parts and the cover now. GI1

· Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ive have seen your gun some were else i think it was on the Perfect Union Forum, and imediatly i wanted that same stock you have. (You wouldnt be interested in selling would you, cause if so I want it)

I like the look of your M1A in the Sage it looks realy good. Love the pic of all the parts spread on the floor really gives you a sense of how many parts are in an M14.

Good Shooting.

TXS
Sorry my friend, The stock was sold before I even took it off.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.