M14 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cleaning up my Uberti 44-40 and Uberti 73 Sporting Rifle in .357 after shooting them yesterday

·
Registered
8,318 Posts
What a pair ! Octagon barrels look so cool on a lever or pump.

Reactions: Glashaus

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
My wife, " the boss", has a uberti special sporting 73 in 357, its actually more accurate with 38 special loads in hers. They are beautiful rifles.

·
Registered
871 Posts
Oh, I'm so jealous right now. Very nice. The only thing I would change for me would be to make that sweet pair .45 Colts. Thanks for sharing .

·
Registered
3,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Oh, I'm so jealous right now. Very nice. The only thing I would change for me would be to make that sweet pair .45 Colts. Thanks for sharing .
I have two Uberti Cattleman revolvers in .45 LC and another Uberti 73 Sporting Rifle in .45 LC too!

·
Registered
871 Posts
I've been drooling over a "73" .45 Colt to match my SAA's for a very long time . Oh ....one of these days. Ohio changed their hunting laws....maybe soon.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Lever guns are as addicting as anything. Love my Henry and my 1886. Looking to add a Yellowboy to my collection.

·
Registered
3,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Nice! These big, heavy .38 and .357, 44-40 and .45 Long Colt lever rifles are so much fun to shoot!

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have a Henry .22 and love it. It is my go to squirrel gun for sure and the gun my kids learned to shoot on. I am very interested in getting a companion .357 for my rugers in that caliber. Don't want to spend a ton, but want something that is above all durable. I just love the 357 round. Took a deer with my GP 100 last year and it was so effective (25 yard shot) that I am interested in a long gun in the same caliber.

Suggestions?

John

·
Registered
3,821 Posts
Very nice rifles you have there! Cimarron made a 73 sporting rifle in 44 special (well Uberti made it and Cimarron finished it) I have been looking everywhere for one as it is not a current catalog item. That is one sweet shooting rifle I bet!

·
Registered
3,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
.357 rifles are a lot of fun, but for the most part there are few inexpensive ones out there. You could always start with a Rossi http://www.wholesalehunter.com/product.asp?productid=75122

If I get another, I would like to find an older Marlin 1894C in .357, put a scope on it and shoot some pigs with it!

·
Registered
3,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
3Gunnah, I have a second year production Winchester 92 that was originally a 44-40 rifle that was re barreled in .44 mag and reconfigured into a carbine that I bought about 20 years ago that I only shoot .44 specials out of, it is a great round out of a lever rifle!

Reactions: 3Gunnah

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
I would love to have a Marlin in .357, but the prices have skyrocketed in the last few years! I have a 1951 Marlin 336 in .35 Remington that I load cast 158gr .357 bullets into the .35 cases over 8 grains of unique with no gas check. Lots of fun, they even feed through the magazine. It will have to do until I find a .357 lever at the right price.

·
Registered
3,821 Posts
3Gunnah, I have a second year production Winchester 92 that was originally a 44-40 rifle that was re barreled in .44 mag and reconfigured into a carbine that I bought about 20 years ago that I only shoot .44 specials out of, it is a great round out of a lever rifle!
I have a Rossi 44 mag carbine that I shoot downloaded rounds in. I also have a Rossi in 45 colt it is an excellent rifle. The elevator is too harsh on my mag to shoot specials unless I use 240 grain bullets.

·
Registered
3,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
My 92 will not feed them, but shooting .44 Russian single loaded can be done too. I have no problems feeding the .44 Specials.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts