M14 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
They are actually both beautiful, but if HAD to call one a beast...

Other than showing my girlfriend how to shoot, the main reason I went to the range today was to sight in my Trijicon TR24 1-4. Wow, an amazing optic, so clear and bright. The 6 shots below were taken at 50 yards with British Radway surplus. Didn't have a chance to shoot it at 100 yards today, but I don't doubt I can do well with it on 4x at 100 yards.

6 shots British Radway surplus at 50 yards (I shot this, she did pretty well though)

She did however, shoot my Savage MKII BV .22lr very well at 50 yards:

My Girlfriend 5 rounds 50 yards with Eley Match

She had a great time, can't wait to go again!!!

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
Man, that's messed up... My girlfriend would kick my ass if I called her "beast".
Wise words...
He is no doubt a "young guy", and will one day learn the consequences of the trouble that the "error of his words" can cause him...DI2

I would have titled this thread, "The Beauty, shoots the Beauty".

As both the "girl", and the rifle are mighty fine looking...

And both shoot mighty good... DI5

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Wise words...
He is no doubt a "young guy", and will one day learn the consequences of the trouble that the "error of his words" can cause him...DI2

I would have titled this thread, "The Beauty, shoots the Beauty".

As both the "girl", and the rifle are mighty fine looking...

And both shoot mighty good... DI5

I'm actually not a young guy...I'm in my 40's :) And I'm more the Beast than either of them!

·
Banned
1,222 Posts
Good shooting.

What's that white stuff on the ground? It looks cold.

I almost had to put socks on today it was so cold. Almost.

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
In spite of the politics, there is a lot to be said for living on the West coast. What a great day, beautiful lady, great weather and shorts in early April. Livin' the life.GI6

·
Registered
5,750 Posts
Good shooting.

What's that white stuff on the ground? It looks cold.

I almost had to put socks on today it was so cold. Almost.
You saw that stuff too huh? Weird looking.

I was running the A/C Thursday and Friday, high 80's, no shoes, shorts, t-shirt... It was almost too hot to go out of the house. Went swimming at my brother's yesterday in San Diego...

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
It is nice to see couple's(A Woman and a Rifle) getting together and shoot.
I saw the perfect tee shirt for your girlfriend at the last gunshow. It had a target with the X-ring shot out with the phrase: You wish you shot like a girl!.
Well done,
Glenn

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
great pics! i love that stock. is that the old SAI camo stock? and what retical did you get with your trijicon?

that is a very nice set up on that scout.
Yes it is an old SAI Woodland Camo Stock from the late 80s. I don;t know if they did them in house or contracted them out, but the paint is amazing and very durable. It's such a good job that the color actually looks like it is molded in.

On the Trijicon I got the red triangle post reticle. I absolutely love it. Just put the tip of the triangle on what you want to hit and it's dead on. And crosshairs etc to interfere with your field of view.

·
Banned
1,113 Posts
Very nice "threesome" you have got for yourself......

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.