M14 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to start off by saying it is not that impressive at all but also take into consideration that this is my first time ever shooting this gun with no sight adjustments at 50 and 100/150ft (poor judge of distance for the 100ft).

I also got admit I got overly excited and not take my time with my shots especially at the 50ft mark so my shots definitely do not look impressive at all but I will say this. It is far more impressive than what my targets looked like when I took my Mosin Nagant out for its first run lol. To sum it all up. As far as funess is concerned it is impressive. Accuracy... not so much lol

The first target is at 100/150ft mark. Second is 50ft mark. Also forgot to rotate the picture so the top of the first picture is to the left.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Hey, you're just getting your feet wet. Having fun is what's most important anyway. DI5

What kind of set up did you have? Was the rifle on a rest? In a gun vise? Rested on the front only? Standing? Sitting? Kneeling?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Every sub-MOA shooter has shot groups like this before. I've not met a child yet that has burst out of the womb and can shoot 1/4 in groups at 100 yards with no proactice. If you had a good time, that's the important part. Since you had fun doing it, you'll want to get better, which means more shooting, which is a good thing. Nice work on your 1st time out.

·
Registered
206 Posts
AirConda, the important thing is that you ARE shooting and enjoying your rifle and the great outdoors....now that you have your first course of fire under your belt its now time to just enjoy the fellowship and fun of the shooting sport and the great M1A.

Powder Burn

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey, you're just getting your feet wet. Having fun is what's most important anyway. DI5

What kind of set up did you have? Was the rifle on a rest? In a gun vise? Rested on the front only? Standing? Sitting? Kneeling?
Any specs or pictures of the rifle?

What type of ammo did you use?

How was the weather?
I typed this up in a hurry and completely forgot to get all that information out there for you guys. I apologize lol.

Alright this is what I had going on that day. I have a Standard Springfield M1A. All stock except the 20rnd Thermold Mag. I was shooting PMC Bronze 145grain. I was in a sitting position on a bench (seen in picture below). No rest or vice. All that I can recall of the weather is that there was a slight breeze (cannot recall the direction) with clear skies in the mid 60s low 70s.

And believe me. I had a blace. I am dying to get back out there again. Family in town this week so I will have to wait for the next weekend :(.

Below is a picture of my baby and the third picture is the position I was in but I am holding the Mosin Nagant and I did not have anything to rest on aside from the bench surface with my elbows. And the 4th is apparently .308 PMC Bronze 145g will do to re-bar at 50ft (not intentional).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.