M14 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I fired in my first F-Class match this past Saturday at the Fort Hill Rifle and Pistol Club. Yes, you can still fire high power rifles in Maryland, well, at least some of them. The weather was 60 degrees and intermittent rain. Of course I was one of two others that wore shorts. With it being my first match, I was excited and just hoping to be able to hit the target at 600 yards as I never shot anything past 300 before, and I had my rifle sighted in at 100 yards. I wasn't going to let that stop me and I was hitting the target on my third sighter. We shot three strings of 20 and my scores were 182-2, 178-2, 189-1 for a total of 549-5. No prizes were given out and I haven't seen the results to see where I ended up, but I had a great time and happy to have my first match under my belt and halfway to being classified. I shot my Remington 700 5R in 308 with a 20 inch barrel and a Vortex Viper PST 6-24x50 scope. Here are some pics.

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
Sounds like a great time. I would be interested in going to the next one, although I assume its on the western side of Maryland.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts