M14 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After purchasing and subsequently becoming a source for deeply discounted accessories for my fellow forum members I think I have the set up that suits me best. I like to hunt hogs and make holes at the bench

I sent my standard back to SA and had an 18" barrel installed
Added a coast guard brake
Worked the trigger down to 4 1/2 lbs
Added sadlak gas piston and spring guide
Pro mag optics mount ( allows for iron sights, plenty of room for ejection, solid and less than 80 bucks)
Voo doo cheek riser ( very surprised at versatile configuration and QA for 24 bucks)

Result...jury is still out on accuracy.... After 100 rounds with plenty of fliers I realized my brake was loose

Feel..... Terrific! Brake helps a bunch and it feels like it cycles smoother and shoots "softer". Closer to my sks than my rem700 VTR .308 in regards to recoil.

I'll update accuracy when the loose parts are buttoned down

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Nice looking rig you built. Isn't that brake great ! I can shoot my M14 off the bench with the GG&G heavy bipod on and my hand tucked back around the butt stock, we filmed this.
Absolutely no muzzle rise, the bipod feet never lifted at all. Just a firm straight push back is felt.
I was think about that Voodoo check riser. You really like it, would it work for me being a left handed shooter ?
Regards

·
Registered
823 Posts
Very cool. I just love looking at M14s

·
Registered
9,258 Posts
Final? JESTER

Give yourself some more time, I've said that before too.

·
Registered
69 Posts
After purchasing and subsequently becoming a source for deeply discounted accessories for my fellow forum members I think I have the set up that suits me best.
That's funny, right there. I have a feeling I'll be acquainted with this before long... ROOL1

1 - 10 of 10 Posts