M14 Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Banned
10,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
back on the 19 of august, I faxed an order to SARCO for a barrel assembly. I requested that they e-mail me with verification that they received the order. today, 27 Aug, I phoned them having not received the requested verification. Well let me tell ya....after getting put on hold twice then transferred to another person who told me that orders generally took 4-6 weeks to process, also put me on hold, got disconnected and had to call back....got the original person who again put me on hold and then came back and said can I help you?....told her who I was and then got transferred again to the same person who was now helping another customer. She finally got on the phone and appologized that she had put me on hold to take another call. She then put me on hold again to go look for the order. A few minutes later she came back and went over the original order information and asked me to hold on. this time she only put the phone down on the desk. a minute or two later she came back and asked me what fax number I used. I told her and she said that it should be there somewhere. She looked again breifly and then came back saying she would have to look for it some more. I gave her my phone# and she is supposed to call me back.

No wonder why it takes 4-6 weeks to process an order! :evil:

I will post the results when I find out more. :!:

·
Registered
5,610 Posts
Been a long while back but the last time I ordered from them I did not have any problems at all but it looks as though things might have changed since then. Go figure!

This don't sound all that good from where I'm a sittin' ... :roll:

Six

·
Banned
10,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Me Either.....have ordered several times in the past with no problems. However...this is the first time I faxed in an order :?

·
Banned
10,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well, I did not receive a phonecall either yesterday afternoon or this morning, so I got on the phone again and after talking to three different people (got passed along) A gentleman kept me on the phone instead of putting me on hold while he looked through all the files that it could have been in with no luck. He came back on after a few minutes and said that it was missing. So he took my order over the phone again and said that he would bypass the normal process and get it into the asap bin. I found this to be satisfactory.

On the same note, I found out that SARCO is in the process of switching over to a new computer system and that it has been a nightmare thus far.

This is most likely the cause for the new 4-6 week processing time. (used to be 3-4)

Lesson learned? Do not fax your order to them, give them a call and place your order over tyhe phone :!:

I will update again when my order arrives to give a slant on processing time.

·
Registered
5,610 Posts
Appreciate the update Hawk .....

We'll keep the fingers crossed fer ya here ... :wink:

Six

·
Registered
2 Posts
I ordered a Rock Island Armory 1911 from them a few months ago. Two weeks for delivery,-no big deal. $40 for shipping, -bad deal! 8O
I know it's far from the subject of M14s but I thought it was a little high for shipping. Because of this I have been apprehensive in buying anything else from them.

my $.02

·
Banned
10,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I believe all handguns have to be shipped federal express overnight. This might be the reason for the high shipping. I posted an update the other day about a new order that I placed on the 19th of Sept. It arrived on the 23rd. So that more than made up for the last messup. The difference is that I ordered it using my business name instead of personal and I phoned in the order instead of faxing it. I told them that I had just run out of the part I needed and that I would appreciate it if it were shipped asap. They were very nice and shipped it right away. Shipping was also reasonable :D

·
Registered
5,610 Posts
I see what you are saying, but this was over14 night delivery. The dealer told me that they were probably charging me for what it cost them to have it shipped from the Philipines to their warehouse. I guess that's why they advertise them at such a low price.

Anyway... :wink:

·
Banned
10,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I purchased one of the RIA .45s also, but through a dealer... Shipping was $25 to my FFL. Plus the FFL was another $25. It all adds up doesn't it :(

·
Registered
34 Posts
My experance with Sarco

I have ordered from them from time to time, Never had a problem with getting what I ordered. They are not real speedy, But always got what I ordered. I always mail mine in with money orders, probaly adds to the wait but keeps my wife confused on how much I spend on these things. Also have it shipped to work as there is always some one to receive it. They don't care, even brought a CMP Garand in there.

·
Registered
5,610 Posts
M14 Nylon Sling

Where can I get one of those extra long nylon slings. They look to be
military issue, but I'm not sure. Are they the standard nylon and they are all longer than issue web, or are they E-2 with the extra hardware removed?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Mag. Followers

They did me ok for my first time. I ordered 6 magazine followers on the 16th. and they came today. I was worried because the girl sounded like she was hung over real bad and it took a while to get my order info straight. :wink:

·
Premium Member
1,056 Posts
I have ordered some parts from SACRO a while back and my experience was not good at all. I called and made sure the parts were in stock before I placed the order. I then waited their 3-4 weeks requirment before calling up to check on the status. I was told that it wasn't in the computer yet after I called them and finally thought I had it resolved, but it wasn't.

It took about 5-6 more phone calls and over three months before they finally shipped the parts out to me. :evil:

I know guys who ordered 2 months after me and got their stuff already. It is a hit or miss with them. I guess I struck out on my first try. I am a bit hesitant to order anything with them now.

·
Registered
5,610 Posts
i've ordered from sarco a couple of times, through emails. all worked well although they do take a long time to deliver (about 4 weeks). what they do need is a secure site for on line orders. i really dont like to give credit card info through email. the ol'lady says im nuts for giving that info in a email. but there's no room on the card anyway,,,, lmaoooo,,

later
shotgun

·
Banned
2,159 Posts
I didn't know Sarco was changing over to a computer system.
But I don't think that explains my last experience with them.

I ordered some special parts and talked to Stewart in the parts warehouse to make sure I got parts in near new condition.He said no problem as he would make sure by filling my order himself.

When I got my order (in 3 weeks) the parts were not in the condition I asked for, and was told I'd get.After calling them to explain this problem they reduced the price of each part by 35%.I assumed they were hoping that would justify the condition of the parts. 8O

The parts are being returned to them.They know 100's of people order from them so I guess it's doesn't bother them that some people are jerked around.I don't think I'll be ordering from them again.

My previous order from them were like new parts.Hard to figure them out sometimes.It cost money (as we all know) to ship parts back to them and I for one don't have money to waste.

warbird out

·
Banned
296 Posts
Let me tell about my Sarco experiences:

In February I order 2 Armscorp M14 receivers. My FFL received them in about 8 days I think. When I get them 1 is Marked M14 and 1 is Marked M21. Well worse things could happen, and I ended up finding a M21 stock to go with it.

Once burned shame on you. Twice burned shame on me. Well of course you know what I did next. :lol: 8O :lol:

So on Monday I ordered 3 stripped AR-15 receivers from Sarco. I thought they were Stingers, they don't actually say Stinger in the ad but they show a picture of one on the web page. My FFL calls me today and says there in. 8O 8O 8O (4 days!) Well when I pick them up from my FFL tonight they shipped 3 Stag Arms receivers. Of course Sarco is closed until Monday. The invoice that came in the box say Stinger too.

Are the Stag Arms made by the same people who make Stinger & Mega Receivers? Are the Stag Arms any good? They look good but I think the Buck Head logo kinds sucks for an AR.

Never again.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.