M14 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been spending time with an old shooter that's dealing with several age related challenges. Every time we have coffee and talk about the old days of the M14 I learn something. It came out during our last talk that he was a National Match Armorer, back in the day.

This morning I got a reply from Jackie at LRB letting me know that there was a 12 month wait for a rear lug M25 receiver. I told her that would work into my budget and time frame and to add me to the list.

The old shooter has agreed to work with me on this build. I know he has a small stash of NM parts and I've agreed to purchase his parts as the build comes together.

He cracked me up in his last email.... He asked "Are you going to be shooting 50 feet or 1,000 yards?..... I know he has a few NM barrels in his stash.

How should I answer a question like that?

Hobo

·
Cranky Old Vietnam Vet
10,663 Posts
I've been spending time with an old shooter that's dealing with several age related challenges. Every time we have coffee and talk about the old days of the M14 I learn something. It came out during our last talk that he was a National Match Armorer, back in the day.

This morning I got a reply from Jackie at LRB letting me know that there was a 12 month wait for a rear lug M25 receiver. I told her that would work into my budget and time frame and to add me to the list.

The old shooter has agreed to work with me on this build. I know he has a small stash of NM parts and I've agreed to purchase his parts as the build comes together.

He cracked me up in his last email.... He asked "Are you going to be shooting 50 feet or 1,000 yards?..... I know he has a few NM barrels in his stash.

How should I answer a question like that?
With another question...

Why Do You Ask?

GI2

CAVman in WYoming

·
Registered
459 Posts
Reactions: Hobo Hilton

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
His Reply.........

----------

That was the bit of wisdom I was looking for.

Thank you.
------------
The old shooter sent me a short email (copy / paste):

I have found 1 new heavy Douglas barrel, 1 slightly used heavy Douglas barrel and 2 standard weight NM barrels that were used but still shot good when I pulled them just to switch to heavy barrels.

Decisions, decisions.......

Hobo

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Christmas in June

When I placed the order for a rear lug receiver, I was prepared to wait one year. Fortunately, things progressed along rather well. I received my LRB invoice this morning from Jackie and a note that the function firing had gone well.

Hopefully I'll get it before the end of the month.

Hobo

1 - 10 of 10 Posts