M14 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just wanted to show off my SOCOM with it's current camo pattern.... I'd like to think of it as Arctic Snakeskin haha. Wanted something different so I did some work on my brothers car and he painted my stock. I think it came out pretty slick... thoughts? I chose arctic, but just tweaking colors we can get desert, woodland, etc... might try to pick up a few stocks and experiment a little. We'll see..

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
Looks pretty good, what type of paint did you use?

·
Registered
3,651 Posts
Sweet!

Nice and slinky looking! How's she shoot?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm not exactly sure what type of paint was used... probably just some rattle cans from wal-mart. It's held up so far though, so I can't complain. Shoots pretty well, not too fond of the wide rear aperture though. I've been looking at different sighting options, still debating whether to keep it iron sights or go with a scope of some sort. Had an EOTech on it but didn't like that too well. All I ever do is put holes in paper, so the CQB thing didn't quite work for my style.

·
Registered
3,651 Posts
I run an EOTECH on my duty AR and really like it and am considering putting one on my Bush rifle.

Up to now I've been running a Burris 2.75 scope on the Bush with a Scout mount like your gun has. It worked fine for punching paper but I like to do the CQB stuff so am trending towards an EOTECH for my Bushie. What didn't you like about that setup on your SOCOM?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I felt it sat a little too high for my liking, like I'd have to put a cheek rest or something on it. Just a personal preference thing... I've used them on AR's and loved em, just didn't quite feel right on my M1A.

·
Registered
3,651 Posts
Understood! I picked up a Troy MCS stock and will probably put that on my Bushie and then run an EOTECH on it. The Troy let's the ergonomics be more AR like........

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
Looks good, I have always liked the snake design. This would be perfect up in the cold country, the polar bears would never see it coming.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts