M14 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
4,320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been Carrying ( when i do carry) my Colt 1911 since 1988. When i lived in NY having a full sized Gov't model on my Hip or in a shoulder holster was not really a problem.
I will admit here in FL it is a Challenge to hide it without sweating to death or looking really sloppy with over sized shirts.
The .45ACP is my caliber of choice but I started thinking about something smaller.
A Commander or officers model is not enough of a change to make it worthwhile for me.

I came across this Sig P939 Scorpion in FDE. It shoots a 9MM Round.
It is not much larger than a 380, something I would not trust.
It is set up like a 1911 with a SAO Trigger and the safety in the same place like a 1911.

I told my Wife about it and she said "Order it for your Birthday!" It came Tuesday and I was able to get it to the range yesterday for a tryout .

I fired 135 Rounds with 2 failures to fire (they did on the second try) both with Factory Geco 124 gr Ammo. The 115gr Federals and my 124 gr Hand loads all worked flawlessly.
Accuracy wise the Gun seems to like smoething other than 115Grain Bullets.
I must admit the 7.5 Lb Trigger takes some getting used to and the gun needs the rear sight moved right a bit but it is a shooter that fits in a pocket and Fires a full sized 9MM Bullet. Something I cam carry all the time.
As I figured my Hand was going to be a bit sore and it was. Gee that does not happen with my .45?

For SHTF,Hunting or Fishing I will still rely my 1911 or M9 but for my everyday carry and threat level this will do nicely.

The Group in the Photo is a Young Range officer who has good eyes and shoots so many different Guns in a Day the Trigger did not bother him.
This is a 5 shot group with my hand loads.
Not bad for a pocket Pistol.
Thanks for my Present Hun I even like the color !

·
Registered
2,912 Posts
Happy Birthday, great present!

Reactions: SGT John SWF

·
Registered
4,320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
DO NOT Let that woman go ever!!!! Nice Bday gift!!GI5
Thanks I won't!
She also paid the 1/3 I was short on my M1A .

She can Cook to GI2 but most of all she puts up with me!

·
Registered
8,481 Posts
Nice gift , I like it, it's small enough to fit in your pocket. If your not carrying it , you might as well have a pocketful of rocks.

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
Happy Birthday! Looks like you got a keeper (pistol and wife)!

·
Registered
656 Posts
My birthday is in a month; if I buy one of those, and tell my wife that YOUR wife said it was okay, you think my wife wouldn't get pissed?

Nice pistol, now we need a range report.

Note: I don't see a grip safety; is the hammer lock the only safety?

·
Registered
4,320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
My birthday is in a month; if I buy one of those, and tell my wife that YOUR wife said it was okay, you think my wife wouldn't get pissed?

Nice pistol, now we need a range report.

Note: I don't see a grip safety; is the hammer lock the only safety?
It's worth a try. Whats the worst that could happen GI3

There is also a trigger Bar safety so the trigger also has to be depressed for the hammer to drop safety on or off. I tried it and it falls to a stop away from the pin like a Series 80 Colt .45.

·
Registered
4,320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Happy birthday. Good choice on the Sig in 9mm. Best of luck with it.
Thanks.
I also think it was a good choice.
Over the years I have seen too many .25s,.380 and smaller 9s that would not even get through a whole mag with out a jam! This worried me about getting something from other than a reliable Company.
I hope the Trigger wears in a bit with some use and Dry fire Practice.

·
Registered
4,320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I am jealous! That is my next buy but I am eyeballin the Extreme and it will replace my PF9. It will be one hell of a jump up! Happy B day!
I think I got a great deal. I PMed you with the place i got it from.

PS
I will share it with any interested party I just don't want to get in trouble posting a non sponsor company.

Reactions: cavtruper

·
Registered
3,672 Posts
Nice!

·
Registered
4,320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
This is what happens when you put your 1911 in the washer and send it too the dryer on the hi-heat setting. Can you say SHRINKAGE?????????
Very True! Same thing happens to me when i swim in Cold Water GI3

·
Registered
4,250 Posts
Nice pistol!

I've had a 939 in the back of my mind every since they came out, my wife has had her P238 for about a year and half and it has been a rock solid gun, very dependable and shoots great. She really loves it … and so do I.

Congrats and Happy Birthday SGT John!

·
Registered
4,320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I have been just dropping it in the pocket of my Nylon shorts when I leave the house.

It does not print or bang around. I am real happy with this!

I need to drift the rear sight a bit but I only have a hammer no sight tool.
I will have to be careful so i don't mark it up.
Any hints on how to do it without the proper tool?
I've done it on .45s and M9s but they are bigger and easier to Hit.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.