M14 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4,777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently picked up an armasight sirius gen 2 id MG monocular to go with my aquila 4x gen 3 scope. Read every review I could find on it, am pretty sure 95% of them are shill reviews. I've had gen 3 pvs14 s before, and only other monocular that wasn't was an armasight sparc. The spark was ok, but I was not happy with it so away it went. Found this one used for a fair enough price so bought it. I've messed around with it several nights now and am quite pleased with it. Not overly joyous like it beats a gen 3, but it'll do for my wants.

It's a bit oddly shaped but flat, kinda dense ( a bit over a pound). Has manual gain control to help even out image. The few honest reviews I've read stated there is the distinctive fisheye effect from the tube, it's there but not as badly as i was expecting. It's around the peripheral, center area is clear and clean. The image through it is what sold me. On a partially lit night, it does really well. Pitch black? Forget about it. The ir on it doesn't do much work. Throw on some ir light though, works splendidly! Haven't taken any pictures of the actual unit yet, but here's some crappy amateur pics using my galaxy s5.

I was using a streamlight super tac ir light.
Will post up some more when I have time. Thanks for looking!

·
Registered
4,777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
That first pic is a reference of what I could see with my nekid eyes.
Here's one mounted on my rifle. The daylight optic is an aimpoint pro in factory mount. The nod is using the armasight throw lever mount. Lines up perfect.
The ir weapon light is a requirement for use behind the aimpoint.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.