M14 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All,
Big thx to seagiant for this beautiful M1917. It’s my first one and I’m seriously impressed with its condition and the quality of this platform. I believe it’s seen a refurb by the stock marking but I’m not a pro on these. I always wanted a British Enfield but didn’t want the one-off .303 caliber. After picking up the 1917, doing my research and handling the “American Enfield”, I couldn't be happier. It marries well to my 03A4 and I simply love the 30-06 round. Consider that itch scratched!

Attachments

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea, I’ve definitely done better lol. Happy that the bore is in great shape though. I tried lol

Big heavy club of a rifle, but very serviceable. Nice moon shot btw, LOL.

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Winchester bore shot #2?

Here’s another bore shot and check out the paper. Probably helps with accuracy... reduces stock infractions on barrel harmonics?

Attachments

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ah, but doughboy says it’s the 1917... but I don’t know him that well so don’t trust him. Seriously though, was it the 17?

Now you can join the Alvin York debate. 1917 or 03 Springfield. The NRA American has had articles declaring each the weapon used.

·
Registered
31 Posts
All,
Big thx to seagiant for this beautiful M1917. It’s my first one and I’m seriously impressed with its condition and the quality of this platform. I believe it’s seen a refurb by the stock marking but I’m not a pro on these. I always wanted a British Enfield but didn’t want the one-off .303 caliber. After picking up the 1917, doing my research and handling the “American Enfield”, I couldn't be happier. It marries well to my 03A4 and I simply love the 30-06 round. Consider that itch scratched!
Congrats on the 1917 I have two Eddystones, great shooters. Who mfg yours?

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Winchester. Looks to be Winchester barrel and all. Can’t find too many marks on the other components. Still looking it over real well.

Russ

Congrats on the 1917 I have two Eddystones, great shooters. Who mfg yours?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
16,193 Posts
Congratulations on a fine rifle.
Time to join the Military bolt dirty bird challenge.
1917s are usually better shooters than 03s.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts