M14 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,997 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just wanted to share this with you as she is my pride and joy
She can hold her own with it and Pop 12 out of 12 clay pigeons at 107 yards with iron sights
And that is Her Colt 6721

·
Registered
2,935 Posts
I want her on MY side.....and if dad can shoot as well as daughter he's welcome too! GI2

·
Registered
3,830 Posts
Outstanding! I started my kids on a RRA Elite CAR A4 for their first centerfire rifle. I believe the little collapsible stock carbines are ideal for young 'uns!GI6

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
It looks like your pride and joy is right on the money, you've taught her well.

·
Registered
3,612 Posts
I started my grand daughter out on one of the Crickett .22 single shot bolt actions last year and am now ready to graduater her to the S&W 15-22 AR style rifle. At just turning 8 she is still a bit small for the 5.56 AR I think.................as much as she'd like to have at it. Great to see the new generation out shooting!!

·
Registered
362 Posts
Outstanding, now that's bringing a kid up right. I wish my folks would have done that with me.

I agree, those AR carbines with the collapsible stock are just the ticket for youngsters.

Next, you've gotta get her off the bench and into field positions with a sling! She looks big enough!

Bring her to an Appleseed and she will REALLY have a blast... and so will you!

·
Registered
3,997 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
179 Posts
"Thank you for that Now I have to get her "that hat" She Loves it "

You get her signed up and through an Appleseed and I'll personally make sure she gets one!....O.L.

·
Registered
6,577 Posts
Nicely done. Say, I've got a 13-year old son... do you believe in arranged marriages? GI1GI1

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hat

Where can I get one of those hats? My wife needs one. This girl was bored sitting around on her due date, waiting for our daughter to be born, so she says "F--- it, lets go to the range!". Still have pics of her shooting a NoIII* Lee-Enfield, she outshot a couple tacticools w/ $2000 AR's, they got pissed and left! Only woman I know who can outshoot everyone on the trap field with a trench gun. Keeper!
Mike PearsonGI6

·
Registered
362 Posts
That is an Appleseed hat. I got several of them with my last shoot boss supply shipment. Apparently Appleseed doesn't sell them on their website... as far as I know, they are only available at weekend marksmanship clinics.

By the way, women shoot free at Appleseed, so bring her to one and you can get her one of those hats. Also, there will probably be some more tacticool AR guys there for her to embarass on the 25m Army Qualification Tests we shoot. GI2 Our COF is actually very well suited for an Enfield, as long as you have some stripper clips for the stages with forced reloads.

I remember an Appleseed where a guy showed up with his 8 month pregnant wife. Believe it or not, she actually out-shot her husband, and shot Expert on the AQT when he couldn't! That was with her shooting the prone stages from seated, too! They are both instructors now.

It is a little bit of an open secret among us instructors that women make better shooters. So there is some truth to that hat.

Anyway, here's the Appleseed web site if you want to find a shoot close to you. www.appleseedinfo.org

·
Registered
300 Posts
excellent , we need more girls shooting , taking my daughter [little older but proficient with an AR and a beretta 9mm] for her CCW class when i renew mine , also taking two of her friends , now to get the daughter-in-law to go [also proficient with the AR and a 1911]

1 - 16 of 16 Posts