M14 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,817 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally got off my rear end and did a suppressor. Now I am currently in the unknown waiting period! I ended up doing a Dead Air Sandman S. That means I need to change out all the muzzle devices on my rifles as I was originally planning to do an AAC suppressor. Almost every firearm has been easy except for my LRB M14. Dead Air does not make dedicated M14 thread Direct Connect quick detach flash hider, and at this time they do not plan to make one per customer service emails. Currently they produce threads in the following
1/2x28, 1/2x28 (SCAR 16), 9/16x24LH FH, 9/16x24RH FH, 5/8x24, 5/8x24 (SCAR 17), M15x1, M14x1LH

I am currently running an 18.5 inch chrome lined Barrel on my rifle and it shoots excellent. I would prefer not to change out the barrel. I also do not want to use an adapter as that will add length. Can any of you machinist guys out there and let me know if any of those thread pitches can be rethreaded on to the muzzle of my rifle currently?

And if I do have to change out the barrel is there anybody out there currently producing a government profile Barrel 18.5 in that could be threaded or is available threaded in one of the threads listed above.
Thanks

Attachments

Reactions: Tommo

·
Registered
2,677 Posts
This will have to remedied quickly just in case they get your stamp done soon.

I am still filling piggy bank so I'm not even waiting yet. Congratulations on that. I'll be going with oss suppressor on a socom though with Smith's thread adapter

·
Registered
7,433 Posts
I have three types of direct connect adaptors that will work on your barrel. One has a standard front sight base and the other two do not have a base so they will work well with your GLFS set up. Send me a PM for information.

·
Registered
444 Posts
The barrel you have is probably not thick enough to thread to 5/8x24. The Bula 18.5" barrel I bought a couple years ago came with 9/16x24 (RH) thread.

·
Premium Member
15,191 Posts
I hear tell one of our parts mfgs had designed a 16" barrel that is standard configuration up to the gas cylinder and then is threaded with 5/8 x 24. I was asked if I though there would be any interest in something like this that is suppressor ready. I am in for at least one.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts