M14 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found this picture in a WWII photo blog, and noticed the M1 carbine (guy on the left) has what looks like a long flash suppressor on it I don't think they had them, but I may be wrong. The other thing I thought it might be was a grenade-launching adapter. Can anyone enlighten me? The photo was taken during the retaking of Manila.

·
Registered
4,320 Posts
Now if we could just get the Grenades ,Ah I mean to say I also thought the Carbine had a Grenade launcher on it.

Reactions: 4th award expert

·
Registered
152 Posts
I was under the impression that for grenade launchers to work, you needed to use a special round and had to close the bolt gas port with the gas block bypass such as on the garand design to enable the special round to be used with a grenade launcher. How was this done on the carbine ? It was a much smaller round to start with.... Am I mistaken on the operation of the gernade launcher?

·
In the gilded halls of Valhala
13,515 Posts
You can't use a eound. That would set off the grenade killing you and your closest buddies.

A blank is used.

·
Registered
334 Posts
There was a star crimped grenade launching ctg for the Carbine, just like there was for the Garand. For the carbine they came 2 in a sealed waterproof pkg.
Sarge

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.