M14 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
What muzzle devices are you running on your M1As?

I've recently acquired the SEI gas lock that allows you to mount your own compensator or flash hider, but the only manufacturers I am familiar with are SEI and the Juggernaut brake. I want to see what else is out there.
Below is a JP Enterprises Break (standard profile) on a SOCOM. I really Like mine. It virtually eliminated muzzle rise and significantly softened recoil. I have also used the SEI Navy/Coast guard comp on my standard and it worked equally well especially with the smaller rounds like 147's or 150's

Reactions: CAVman

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
Will any 7.62 muzzle device thread directly onto the M14 threads? Also, why do devices with holes on top affect accuracy? This is not the first time I've heard of this.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
I wouldn't buy it from Fulton Armory. I almost did, but then I came across a listing from Desert Warrior Products on GunBroker. Got it for 79.99

Now you tell meUSN4

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hands down the JP enterprises muzzle brake. I was shooting last week at my bachelor party with my M1A out to 525 yards with the brake. There hardly any muzzle rise or kick. Everyone at the party were long-time shooters and they all were amazed by the performance. I ordered it on a group buy from the forum months ago.

·
Registered
9,999 Posts
I just switched over to a Delta P thread adapter (converts to a 5/8x24 thread) and a VG6 brake on my Loaded model. I have been using a SEI Coast Guard/Navy brake but decided to not help line the pockets of Ron Smith and I'm so glad I did. The VG6 is actually a better brake, the muzzle moves so little that I can keep my sight picture during recoil and the rifle barely moves off target. The VG6 was well worth the money and with the Delta P adapter I can install any standard muzzle device.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts