M14 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
tonyben and another member here came up with putting a washer in between to fill the gap. I did it and it made a huge difference in accuracy. Of course the inner diameter must be big enough for the bullet and as far as thickness, you want file or sand the washer's thickness down until you get a 5:30 lock up

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
tonyben and another member here came up with putting a washer in between to fill the gap. I did it and it made a huge difference in accuracy. Of course the inner diameter must be big enough for the bullet and as far as thickness, you want file or sand the washer's thickness down until you get a 5:30 lock up
Interesting, makes sense. May be good to do in the meantime. Was also thinking maybe try the delta p with the sme, y'alls have an opinion on those things?

·
Registered
3,399 Posts
Was afraid of that. Haha, you'd figure for such an expensive rifle it wouldn't have issues like this. Appreciate it.

Any suggestions on getting the gunk off? Been using sweets 762 and a wooden pick but some of that stuff is stubborn as hell.
If by 'gunk' you mean carbon, almost anything works better than Sweet's - Kroil, KG-1, Slip 2000, some even use CLR (Calcium, Lime, and Rust remover).

·
Premium Member
206 Posts
dickjames214
What kind of washer, stainless, brass, carbon steel? This fix seams to be a whole lot less expansive route, than the Delta-P
Dog

·
Registered
10,644 Posts
We are talking about the SOCOM not the standard rifle.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts