M14 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm starting to get bored of my fiberglass stock and feel the need to upgrade the paint on it.

Can anyone recommend a good painter for a multicam paintjob?

Thanks!

45R

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
Reactions: Long Ranger

·
Registered
222 Posts
I honestly wouldn't go the hydrographic route.... I have seen many, and I mean many times where it just peels right off. I have tons of customers ask if I can repair or touch-up the spot where it has peeled off. It's all in the degreasing when laying down water born graphics. If you are not there while they are degreasing it, then you can't know if it was done right. I know...... I have a buddy that makes luggage/hunting racks for SUV's and such and been there many times.

Multicam is in my opinion the most labor intensive camo patterns to do.

I paint it, but I use duracoat and do not use their 'camo pak', I instead use a custom blend of their colors to perfectly match actual clothing/gear.

Btw.... Sorry, not taking any orders right now, I'm all back up for a few months and have to get caught up before accepting any more work.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the great input folks. I called Hydro Dip this afternoon and they mentioned that I might want to strip down my Mossy Oak stock before sending it in. Any suggestions on removing the current Mossy Oak finish?

TIA!

·
Registered
431 Posts
Karsten did mine. Came out nice but was a long wait-

Reactions: geeck

·
Registered
159 Posts
My brother's Benelli pump came hydrodipped from the factory, and it looked like poo-poo after a season of duck hunting. I hope y'all have better luck. Maybe the factory hydrodip from Benelli wasn't as good? I think I would paint it myself if it were me.

·
Registered
26 Posts
PLUS 1 on missionspec camo. they duracoated my whole gun and it's holding up real good.

can you hydro dip a scope? how does it work?
I believe it is the same process, they just cover up the lenses and adjustment numbers on the knobs. I could be wrong though.

·
Registered
3,782 Posts
Hydrodip. Did mine and have no regrets. Prep is the key. The company that did mine guarantees against peeling.

That is beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.