M14 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put an aimpoint on my new SOCOM. I'm happy with it. I hunt thick brushy areas for coyote and this helps get on them quick. Looking forward to calling my next target.

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
I am planning on putting one on a scout soon. Let us know how it works for you in the brush, please sir.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I also have an Aimpoint on my SOCOM and shot a smallish (but tender) buck a couple of years ago. No problems at all with this set-up.

·
Registered
25 Posts
sight it in so it hits at 12 o'clock on the dot at 100 yards, should be dead on at 200 and bottom of the dot should be close at 250 to 300 depending on the size dot you have and the loads you are shooting

JD

·
Registered
868 Posts
2 moa dot

Tough to do with the 2 moa dot!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Tough to do with the 2 moa dot!
Get a 50 yard handgun target with a black bull at a 100 hold at 6 o'clock on the bull 12 o'clock on the red dot. Adjust poi to hit a little high of the 6 o'clock on the bull. Move it back to 150 or 200 and compare poi useing the 6 o'clock hold on the bull;

adjust the light/power setting to get a very clear and round dot
with no fuzzyness.

It does't matter what the dot size is 2 moa 4 moa or the large dot .

JD

·
Registered
80 Posts
I put an aimpoint on my new SOCOM. I'm happy with it. I hunt thick brushy areas for coyote and this helps get on them quick. Looking forward to calling my next target.

pretty sexy set up you got there i have the olive drab socom 16 and i think the aimpoint and socom are a perfect combo together. for a cqb battle rifle

·
Registered
140 Posts
nice looking setup, i went with the m1a bush rifle and ultimak rail with the aimpoint. it added alot of weight, but i think your setup is lighter. will you let us know how this setup works out for you,

1 - 8 of 8 Posts