M14 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Forever Remembered - RIP
3,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bout an ARMS#18 mount last year and am very happy with the fit to receiver, the way it mounts nice and low and the fact that it just looks like it is part of the receiver. The problem I have is the new glass I bought for it. It's a Burris Signature 1" 4x16 with mil-dot Balistiplex reticle. Top & sides are mil-dot, bottom has hash marks for bullet drop compensation. This is an excellent piece of glass and I payed a pretty fair amount of money for it. It will not mount on the arms 18 mount correctly because the turret is too far forward of center. In the photo below it is mounted with Burris Signature rings, both behind the turret. I am looking for a new rings, standard rear and extension front. I would like to have QD rings but can not find any with an extension front ring. I would like to have the cross bolt type ring either weaver or 1913 STANAG. If I use the forward slot of the mount, the ring would have to extend .75" to clear the turret. Has anyone here used something like this or know where I can find one? I also was wondering if the ARMS weaver QD rail could be mounted forward on the #18 mount. I really would like to use this scope & mount combination. Thanks in advance for any help. The way it is mounted now looks goofy but seems rock solid. I have not tried shooting it yet due to physical problems. If I can't find a way to mount this right I will have to sell a perfectly good scope or mount, both of which I like very much. Here is the photo of my setup.

·
Forever Remembered - RIP
3,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Did anyone here have trouble mounting a full size scope on the ARMS 18 mount? Is it possible to cantilever mount the ARMS QD weaver base forward on the #18 mount? If so, I will just get the weaver QD rail. If not it looks like I have to go with a different mount or scope. I don't want to order the Weaver QD rail if I have to buy a new scope also. Thanks, I know someone out there has the weaver QD base adapter.

·
Forever Remembered - RIP
3,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, I wrote a letter to Fulton to ask them if the QD throw mount will allow me to mount my front ring 3/4 of an inch forward of The most forward slot on the 1913 rail of the #18 A.R.M.S. mount. I hope I get technical advice instead of a salesman. It's frustrating to have $700 beans in a scope & mount only to have the scope front ring not fit buy a mere .75" :evil: . Maybe I will just spend a few hundred on a Savage bolt rifle and get some use out of my scope.

·
Forever Remembered - RIP
3,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I got an email from Walt at Fulton Armory today. He says I can cheat forward 7/8" with the QD throw lever rail. $150 some bucks and I'll be a happier man. I believe the QD throw lever rail is weaver style too. This is a good thing as my best set of rings are weaver style with the cross bolts :D .

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.