M14 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a scope and mount on a Poly I traded for and don't know what I have. I hear of different 'generations" of Springfield scope mounts, but don't know the difference. This one has two big slotted screws on the side. One goes into the reciever and the other goes into a piece that replaces the clip guide. It is marked on the side: SPRINGFIELD ARMORY Geneseo, Illinois and appears to be parked aluminum. Which mount is it? The scope is a rubber armored Tasco 3-9X40 and has Butler Creek flip up caps. I also don't have a clue what this set up is worth and may sell them as I'm partial to open sights. Anyone know what these parts sell for new and what they should be worth used? TIA. AIRBORNE!

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the heads up guys. Is the mount worth a darn? It seems like it would be OK, but I took it off and don't know if I'll put it back on or not. I'll check out the Springfield site for price info. AIRBORNE!

·
Registered
9,465 Posts
Chinese M14 rifles do not have a problem with fitting military specification scope mounts. IMHO, the Sadlak Industries and Smith Enterprise mounts are the top models now available. Steel scope mounts have a better track record of maintaining zero than aluminum scope mounts.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.