Registered
1,618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
CAI import marked.

Its also a CAI import, which means more than likely they sold it for $99 to some lucky guy.
I would pay upwards of a $1000 for it. But this is stupid money for it.

·
In the gilded halls of Valhala
13,515 Posts
Doesn't being import marked ruin a lot of the value nornally. Obviously the only way to tell for this is to auction a non marked.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Mine works just fine and in much better shape. It's scary accurate as well. I've gone through a 2" metal pole at 100 yards using the iron site with it...of course that was an oops...I was aiming at the bulls eye and went through the post it was taped on.

For less than $350 in it total, I'd take mine any day in the week and twice on Sunday over this one...especially at that price!

Sometimes I like it in it's Monte Carlo and bipod and sometimes I put in it's best dressed. It doesn't matter if I put one of them on it or it's original stock and sling with the iron site again. It's always accurate and always effective.

View attachment 47476

View attachment 47477

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
It is one of the few Finnish Holy Grails and the fellow who has the bid is a very advanced collector (nice guy too!). He's beat me out on several over the years but I've gotten a few away from him. I knew he'd be all over this one so I just kept my sheckles to myself. Besides, I couldn't own it and not shoot it, he won't.

·
Read Only
2,230 Posts
Makes me sad

One big difference between collecting guns and collecting baseball cards is intrinsic value. Auctions like this one are lost on me. How much does one pay for bragging rights? And more importantly why?

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
One big difference between collecting guns and collecting baseball cards is intrinsic value. Auctions like this one are lost on me. How much does one pay for bragging rights? And more importantly why?
Its very rare, like a Bigfoot turd. I still don't want either one.

·
Registered
7,252 Posts
I would burn the stock and use the barrel as a tomato stake. That is the value of that rifle to me.
Right on bigblock.
Yep and and at the end of the day, Anyone who spends 12k on a Nagant is crazy.GI3

I bet that Nagant doesn't even shoot straight. Just like the rest of them. Nothing more then a fat tomato stake.

1 - 20 of 72 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.