1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Senior Chief, U. S. Navy, Ret
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
I had the 5.56 version (until my daughter liked it more than I did) and have the 7.62 version, both of mine were the wood stock and no iron sight versions. They shoot decently and work well even with Pmags. The 5.56 has an aftermarket metal magazine well available.

I shoot lead 160 grain bullets from my 7.62 version it is about 1-1 1/2 MOA with lead bullets out to 200 yards. Pretty decent accuracy for lead.

·
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I had the 5.56 version (until my daughter liked it more than I did) and have the 7.62 version, both of mine were the wood stock and no iron sight versions. They shoot decently and work well even with Pmags. The 5.56 has an aftermarket metal magazine well available.

I shoot lead 160 grain bullets from my 7.62 version it is about 1-1 1/2 MOA with lead bullets out to 200 yards. Pretty decent accuracy for lead.
Can you name a source or provide a link for these aftermarket metal mag wells, please?

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have a Mossberg in 7.62 which I bought specifically because it can use my M1A magazines. Also it has an 18" barrel so my Scout Squad Springfield and bolt gun have ballistic tables almost exactly the same. I am trying to simplify things.

·
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for all the great comments and feedback, gents!

·
Registered
146 Posts
I bought a MVP Patrol yesterday in 5.56 got to dark to shoot it by the time I got home but I think it will work out. Cleaned it up and lubed it up have some AR 10 round Mags on hand. I have a M1a and a Savage .06 111 so I decided on the 5.56 version.

·
Registered
531 Posts
I bought a used 5.56 version with 16" barrel for $300; fun little carbine. I use it to plink with steel case ammo. The action is no 30-40 Krag but it's decent. Great gun for new shooters and older kids to graduate to from 22lr. Had a Vortex 2-7x initially but settled on TRS-25 red dot. Plenty accurate for 100-200 yard steel. I call it my CA "assault rifle"

Don't know if I'd pay full price for one, but I'm happy with what I paid.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I have Strikefire II I stuck on it last night but it sits up a little high so maybe a Sparc II will work gotta look at the Strikefire cant remember if it's got a shim I remove to lower it.

·
Registered
146 Posts
After running a few rounds through it Saturday not real impressed with feeding it works ok with factory mag but not great or not at all with aftermarket mags, looks like a Tromix mag well update is my future.

Reactions: MackR
1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.