M14 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lets face it gang ... There are many fine shotguns out there and the first three that come to mind are Remington, Winchester and Mossberg. I have owned at least one of each during my lifetime and have always been more than satisfied with each of them.

I think that no matter which you may have the feller on the other end will surely get the picture when gaukin' at that "huge" hole on the end of the barrel if that scenario should ever occur ...

Had me one of these Mossbergs once too and sold it not long back ... Never gave me problem one and always went bang when I squeezed the trigger ... :wink:

http://www.photobucket.com/albums/0603/GulfBreeze/e54683f6.jpg

Six

·
Registered
846 Posts
six, i think you've sold more guns than i own!

·
Registered
5,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Me 2 ...

I'm gonna have to get me another one one of these days to replace the one I sold but at that time I had to make some room ... :(

Six

·
Registered
120 Posts
Six, I picked up a new Mossberg 590A1 yesterday, also has the heavy wall military barrel in it. Not bad at all, but I'm not sure if I like it as good as a Rem 870 though. Action just ain't as smooth to me.

·
Registered
5,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Whats the difference in the designation A1 .... :?:

Or is that the military version ...

Six

·
Registered
66 Posts
590A1 has the military Bbl which is heavier than older 590 Bbl. I just got one and when I got it home I found out it has a modified choke which isn't even cataloged by mossberg. It throws a really mean pattern :x :x

·
Registered
846 Posts
the A1 also should hve a metal trigger gaurd and metal safety.

·
Registered
900 Posts
I have a Mossberg 590 that Vangcomp worked over
I love it and prefer it over the Benelli or the 870
Just my opinion...

·
Registered
450 Posts

I like both my Mossbergs; the 590 and the pistol grip Western Field that hangs over my desk in the shop at home...I cut the barrell to 18 1/4" and put a cruiser pistol grip on it.

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
I had a couple of M500's over the years, and they are very good. If I didn't already have the Remington 870, I would definitely get one of them.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts