M14 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been in this hobby for about eight years. Over that period of time I've purchased Kimbers, a couple M14s, too many ARs to count, Garands, a 1918 BAR, and a GAP M40. Alot of those weapons cost 5000 and up and I didnt get any kind of thank you for your service, what can we do to get better or anything. I didnt expect it either so no big deal.

Fast forward to today. In the mail was a card from James river Armory hand signed by Mark with his business card thanking me for my support and patronage!!! This was for a receiver that I bought on the cheap during black Friday. THIS is customer service! I will never ever purchase another receiver from anyone else. I was going to get a med weight criterion from fulton or LRB. Mark has earned my patience and I will wait to order mine from him and send in the receiver for a build when ever they get more barrels. A+++++++++++

Thank you Mark!

·
Retired
4,608 Posts
Wow, how awesome is that??? And how refreshing to be treated in such a way... GI1

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Yeah - got one of these yesterday.

Another cool refrigerator magnet.

Every time I go for a SNACK - I think about buying another receiver…

LOL…

We NOTICE THIS KIND OF STUFF. Even more than THE ABUSE WE GET from a certain other vendor.

Rick

·
Registered
228 Posts
I also got a card JRA and signed by Mark. I must say that in the short time that I placed my order and the time it took for my FFL to get the number to them " held up by my FFl" Danielle allways answered my email in a timely order, I can not say that this is the case I have had in the past with other companys. I have sent an email to a builder in early December about building a scout and still have not received a reply. The Rock Ola M14 looks great and I only hope that it will stand up the test of time. When I buy something like this I have to ask myself " if my or your son or daughter was to carry this wepon in to battle would it protect and serve them well? I hope that Mark looks at it the same way. My receiver looks great and I hope that the builder will get back to me for a scout Rock Ola build.

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
IWhen I buy something like this I have to ask myself " if my or your son or daughter was to carry this wepon in to battle would it protect and serve them well? I hope that Mark looks at it the same way. My receiver looks great and I hope that the builder will get back to me for a scout Rock Ola build.
There was a sign like that in the H&R factory that read something like that. Build it like it was for your son. There is a picture with racks of M14s and that sign on the wall at H&R.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Received a card from them yesterday. Called them up today and thanked them and order another receiver on their Christmas sale $650.00. This will finish all my builds HRA,Winny & SA parts kits. You have to ask but they still have hand stamped receivers in stock. I got the last hand stamped #99. Some she said she had in stock were 15,22 some 70's & 90's numbers I cant remember them all.

·
Registered
2,393 Posts
they are an awesome outfit. ive been in constant communiction with one of the guys involved with the rockola receivers and he has been absolutly great. it was very important to him that i was happy about my receiver and i got the impression that he has poured his heart and soul into making a good receiver. I cant imagine how other receiver makers arent pissed about rockola hitting the streets with force. there will always be those forum members (you all know who they are) who will always look for any tiny imperfection to harp on but i have yet to see a commercial receiver without some kind of imperfection and i doubt we ever will. it just costs to much to duplicate the quality control and manufacturing techniques of the real government contracted receivers. Im just happy to get a buildable receiver machined from a forging that is capable of being built into a reliable rifle and rockola has certainly acheived that

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
they are an awesome outfit. ive been in constant communiction with one of the guys involved with the rockola receivers and he has been absolutly great. it was very important to him that i was happy about my receiver and i got the impression that he has poured his heart and soul into making a good receiver. I cant imagine how other receiver makers arent pissed about rockola hitting the streets with force. there will always be those forum members (you all know who they are) who will always look for any tiny imperfection to harp on but i have yet to see a commercial receiver without some kind of imperfection and i doubt we ever will. it just costs to much to duplicate the quality control and manufacturing techniques of the real government contracted receivers. Im just happy to get a buildable receiver machined from a forging that is capable of being built into a reliable rifle and rockola has certainly acheived that
Ain't that the truth…

Barrel timing aside - mine went together just as easy as the recent Fulton & LRB builds I did with Jason.

Here's to hoping SUCCESS DOESN'T GO TO THEIR HEAD. But, in my conversations with Mark - I don't see that happening.

Almost January there Blunder/Rip. I've got some $$ set aside for your (future) offering. But my build fever is high - so y'all better step up soon…

Rick

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
There was a sign like that in the H&R factory that read something like that. Build it like it was for your son. There is a picture with racks of M14s and that sign on the wall at H&R.
I'd love to see the picture.

·
Registered
2,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
It is sad that something like this isnt common anymore, my next purchase will be from Mark. Looking at one of his Springfields.

·
Registered
183 Posts
I've been on the fence about putting an order in with these guys, but after reading this thread I think I'm just going to drop the hammer.

And whats really nice, since they are right up the road from home, after talking to a very nice person on the phone, they said I can just come to the warehouse and pick up the m1903 I'm going to order rather than dealing with shipping. Thanks for the heads up on these guys. I wouldn't have known they existed if it weren't for this forum.

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
You guys are killing me!!! I built my third M1A on a SA receiver just over a month ago with my last full parts kit, JRA introduces their forged receivers at a decent price and everybody that's received one is praising their fit, finish and ease of assembly. I'm seriously thinking about stripping down that receiver, selling it and buying a Rock-Ola!!! The only thing I'm wondering about is how they'll hold up over time. Somebody please talk me out of doing something crazy!!! Please!!!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts