M14 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Administrator
I lost all of my rifles & handguns in a mishap on Rio Grande when the barge hit a sandbar and sank.
18,639 Posts
I never fire "Soft Point" ammunition through my M1A Bage. It's only FMJ ammunition for me.

DI5

Reactions: TheShooter

·
Very Old Salt
1,952 Posts
I never fire "Soft Point" ammunition through my M1A Bage. It's only FMJ ammunition for me.

DI5
It's almost a necessity here. I don't know of any ranges in immediate DFW area that allow FMJ, so resorting to HP match can get pricey

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
I went to academy for a box of .45 ammo this weekend. I usually reload .45, just did not pack any for my trip.

I about crapped my pants when it was 50 bucks for a 100. Geeze. There were about 1900 cars in the parking lot and one register open.

·
Registered
3,178 Posts
There were about 1900 cars in the parking lot and one register open.
Yaa... welcome to Academy. GI3

It's almost a necessity here. I don't know of any ranges in immediate DFW area that allow FMJ, so resorting to HP match can get pricey
That's the same reason I loaded some Remington SP ammo for my Socom. The only place I can shoot FMJ is at the indoor ranges. Top Gun in Leonard used to allow it, but not anymore.

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
I know of a couple that allow ball that are private-one in Terrel also has NRA shoots on the first saturday of the month, so you can bring your M1A or M1 and shoot ball with me and the occasional other M1a type there.

Gibson outpost allows ball…but no position shooting and smallish backboards for targets.

·
Very Old Salt
1,952 Posts
I know of a couple that allow ball that are private-one in Terrel also has NRA shoots on the first saturday of the month, so you can bring your M1A or M1 and shoot ball with me and the occasional other M1a type there.

Gibson outpost allows ball…but no position shooting and smallish backboards for targets.
Yeah Brandon told me you guys had a good day at the range, would have joined y'all but I had to go out of town on family emergency. Maybe we can get the dfw crew together sometime.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts