M14 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Nothing better looking for sure than a nicely done wood stock.

Have you considered a 45* offset mount for your red dot? With that scout hand guard you could sneak one out front of that scope and they sit low profile enough it wouldn't be in your FOV. I messed around with one a bit and it might play better with your neck.

·
Premium Member
17,498 Posts
I put a Bradley cheek riser on it, and may mess around with some other configurations. Still in the experimenting phase.
Yes Sir. Can totally agree with that. I have 60 of them now and they are constantly finding ways to better themselves. It may only be something slight, but there is always room for improvement.

·
Registered
4,546 Posts
In my far more limited sampling, the benefits of trial include identifying the error, or sifting through the just fine to discover the euphoric.

I think it's interesting that in my combinations tried so far, the only one that couldn't be made lame by a bad selection, or a great idea, is the standard configuration in a wood stock and a sling. It may not help me see better, but I can't find a problem with it, at least within reasonable expectations of a meaty battle rifle.

I like whiz bang as much as anybody, but the more you pile on, the more you realize that everything is a compromise one way or another, and when you get something, you lose something.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
In my far more limited sampling, the benefits of trial include identifying the error, or sifting through the just fine to discover the euphoric.

I think it's interesting that in my combinations tried so far, the only one that couldn't be made lame by a bad selection, or a great idea, is the standard configuration in a wood stock and a sling. It may not help me see better, but I can't find a problem with it, at least within reasonable expectations of a meaty battle rifle.

I like whiz bang as much as anybody, but the more you pile on, the more you realize that everything is a compromise one way or another, and when you get something, you lose something.
yeah, it is a never ending process of trade offs. I enjoy the process, though.:cool:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts