M14 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Wanted to start a new thread with all the goodies and changes since the last MK14 post. I was able to get my hands on the original Sage patent pending chassis with Speedfeed buttpad thanks to the same forum member who sold me the bolt and rings. Also located a vertical grip and cutout cover. Learned a ton about the m14 platform through building this, had to show off the (truly) completed rifle as well as give a complete parts list:

Springfield M1A Scout 18in Standard Barrel
Sage Patent Pending NSG Chassis
Sage Rear Scope Base
Badger NSG EBR Rings
Leupold MK4 3.5-10
XS Front/Rear Sights
MK14 SEI Extended Bolt Stop
MK14 Engraved SA bolt (from issued MK14)
MK14 SEI Gas Lock
SEI Gas Cylinder
SEI Gas Piston
SEI Gas Plug
SEI Trigger Springs/Pins
Knights NSN Bipod Adaptor
Harris Bipod
Vortex Flash Hider
Falcon Industries Rail Covers
Buffertech EBR sling (not shown)

Photos 6/13:

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
That's a nice rifle. Well done.

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
Stupid question and I'm sure you did but: Did you check headspace and lug engagement when you swapped the bolt in?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hamstrosity, thanks!

Stupid question and I'm sure you did but: Did you check headspace and lug engagement when you swapped the bolt in?
Not at all a stupid question and I appreciate the concern. I have not as of today, but it will definitely be done before the rifle is shot. Need to order the tools to check it, I don't know a gunsmith I trust enough to leave my baby with haha. If it's off I plan to pop back in the original bolt and wait till I can get it adjusted. She locks up nicely and moves freely though so hopefully it will come out within spec, fingers crossed.

·
Registered
3,679 Posts
absolutely nice everything looks great awesome clone, might also consider a dummy switch for that final real look, bet people wouldn't be able to tell its semi

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the compliments fellas! LOW, I've been tempted more than once but I'm not sure I could bring myself to drill into this stock haha

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
For what it is worth, Ident marking services can laser engrave a bolt with the proper mk.14 markings for far less cost than a new bolt, less hassle with lug engagement and head space as well.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I'll have to think on how to do the dummy selector. It's definitely something I would do myself, just not sure when.

For what it is worth, Ident marking services can laser engrave a bolt with the proper mk.14 markings for far less cost than a new bolt, less hassle with lug engagement and head space as well.
Had thought about that, but really want to use the bolt I have from the real deal.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts