M14 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys looking for some expert input with a build im getting going. Going to start with a Springfield Squad 18" Rifle, drop the stock and add a Sage EBR Mod1 in FDE. At the same time i will change out the Gas lock to a SEI dovetail version, SEI gas nut, and 2000V flash hider, SEI extended bolt release. Optics will be mounted via a Larue LT608 and Talley tactical rings(im assuming low rings will clear a 40mm objective), and the optic will be Leupold LR/T 3.5-10x M2 in FDE. I have a Mk12 with Leupold M2 so its familiar to me.
--My main question is what supporting parts/tuning should follow a build such as this gas piston, gas cylinder, op rod ext...? looking for positive reliability and accuracy.
--Also Springfield list their triggers at 4-5lbs how crisp are these, and would a trigger job be needed/suggested. What is the best way to do this send my trigger group off to be re-worked, or just buy a already reworked unit and sell my old one, any links/companies to guys who have positive feedback on doing this at a reasonable price.

Thanks

USNRigger

·
"Death From Above"
11,432 Posts
Ted Brown at shooters den or Claude at RA parts will hook your trigger up. One thing to consider is if you just send off the trigger to get modified it may act a little stiffer when installed in the rifle. Best to send both at the same time. Build sounds good! A couple of other things you might want to do is pick up a sadlak nm spring guide and tac mag latch and get the gas cylinder unitized. Food for thought.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah i figured id just send the whole Fire control group out. thanks for the leads. When you say unitized, are basically saying fitted to closer tolerances.. I will also look into the guide and mag release.

Thanks

USNRigger

1 - 3 of 3 Posts