M14 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently dropped my rifle into a Sage Mod 1. Love the stock but thats another thread. Thing is, I need to put a sling on the rifle now. I love my TIS Slipcuff sling (1.45" wide) but will need buy a bunch of hardware to mount it- one or two 1.75" QD swivels and one Picatinny rail to QD sling swivel adapter. By the time I get done buying all this I could just get a MK 14 sling that was made for this chassis.

I would be curious if anyone runs the MK14 sling and what you think of it? I don't do any tactical shooting with this rifle. I just need a sling for both transport and stability in position shooting.

·
Registered
540 Posts
plus one on the viking tactics padded VTAC and the troy 2point.i have both and like emGI6.the VTAC seems to work better on my EBR chassis because of the thinner straps.the troy has a bungee that i like but the strap itself is too wide IMO.

·
Registered
5,747 Posts
I have the Mk14 sling on my JAE and it works very well. It's made by Eagle Industries so like most of their gear it'll last a long time. You can cinch it down for a hasty sling or open it up for across the chest carrying or open it more for backpack style carrying. I ordered mine from Buffer Tech, best price I could find, $60 shipped. Not everyone likes three point slings but for my purposes this sling does what I want and the 1.5" wide strap helps disperse the weight of the rifle.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No Expert- does it have an adjustable cuff for sling shooting? I cant tell from the pics of it online. Thats really what I am after.....

·
Registered
5,747 Posts
No adjustable cuff. Three point slings are primarily carry slings so using them to "sling up" isn't their primary function and can tend to do so poorly. A hasty sling is about the best I can do with mine.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks man! Exactly what I needed to know. Guess. I'll splurge for the 1.75" QD swivels so I can mount my TIS Sling. Absolutely love that one for sling shooting, but wish it had some padding for carry of a 13 lb rifle!

·
Registered
5,747 Posts
Absolutely love that one for sling shooting, but wish it had some padding for carry of a 13 lb rifle!
I wonder if Eagle CIRAS shoulder pads would fit it... They go on via Velcro so would be easy to install/remove and I think they're 6" long. I've been tempted to get a set for my sling. Just an idea.

·
Banned
2,325 Posts
Sling

I have the Mk14 sling on my JAE and it works very well. It's made by Eagle Industries so like most of their gear it'll last a long time. You can cinch it down for a hasty sling or open it up for across the chest carrying or open it more for backpack style carrying. I ordered mine from Buffer Tech, best price I could find, $60 shipped. Not everyone likes three point slings but for my purposes this sling does what I want and the 1.5" wide strap helps disperse the weight of the rifle.
Got a link ? I found their site and went to all slings...couldn't find it.....you know when I grow up, I want to be just like you....contacted Sage......Clyde Armory......others.....ebr stock, ebr stock ,ebr stock.....gee thanks gun buddy....can't get em outta my mind now............brothers in arms, rip.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ripsaw: if you go to the Fulton Armory page with the M14 parts its 85% of the way down to the bottom. It will only let me link their homepage for some reason.

NoExpert- thanks for the advice. I may give the Eagle pads a try if I can find them or try to come up with something similar.

·
Registered
5,747 Posts
Got a link ? I found their site and went to all slings...couldn't find it.....you know when I grow up, I want to be just like you....contacted Sage......Clyde Armory......others.....ebr stock, ebr stock ,ebr stock.....gee thanks gun buddy....can't get em outta my mind now............brothers in arms, rip.
Here you go: http://www.buffertech.com/SOCOM-Mk14-EBR-Sling-P176.aspx

SKD Tactical has the shoulder pads: http://www.skdtac.com/Eagle_CIRAS_Velcro_Removable_Shoulder_Pads_p/eag.261.htm

·
"Death From Above"
11,432 Posts
After consulting with my tactical west cost gun nut noexpert I am contemplating using the Viking VTAC-MK2-BK-UG. It has a pad and the quick release buckle thing that let's you make quick adjustments. I just bought the Mcmillan MFS-14 that I think it will be perfect for and as I said my west coast gun nut buddy noexpert gave it the sign of the cross which is good enough for me, he has not steared me wrong yet. From what I read this sling is an upgraded version of the older sling. There is a YouTube video of the sling being demonstrated I will try and find the link for you.
This link should take you there if not just open YouTube and search Viking sling
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YhojNCdksYw&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/ame]

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
1 - 15 of 15 Posts