·
Registered
2,011 Posts
"Beware of false prophets."

They are ALL false prophets...

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
2030? I'm thinking much sooner. But that's just my opinion.

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
At the rate the population is growing and the rate at which were using up fossil fuel, my guess is ten years. I think it's pointless for my generation to save for retirement because there will be no such thing by then. Its pretty sad

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
Sorry if I come across as a Grumpy old guy, ( but if the shoe fits). In the late 50's kids were being told by their teachers that we will run out of oil long before at lot of the people reading this post would be born.
This story that the Civilized world is on the very brink of destruction because of over population and the abuse of the natural resources has been going on since at least the 3rd century A.D..

·
Forever Remembered - RIP
2,141 Posts
we are overdue for a populace-decimating epidemic/pandemic

the herd will then be culled which will help

nature compensates to create balance

·
Registered
998 Posts
2030;

2030? Darn, I'll be eighty. I guess they haven't watched the latest news casts on one of the big three. Things are looking up. Just a little bump to get over and it will be smooth sailing. I heard it tonight on NBC. Well, they did mention the gas prices hampering things a bit.
USN3

5,445 Posts
we are overdue for a populace-decimating epidemic/pandemic

the herd will then be culled which will help

nature compensates to create balance

^ This.

We are FAR OVERDUE for a global culling. Large scale Wars, although I don't wish them upon anyone, always have been Humanity's best population control measure.

I believe this global economic collapse will occur within 10 years unless things change drastically at the governmental level. Washington D.C. has all but taxed the already declining middle-class into extinction. Does not anyone else realize our annual salaries have dropped over the past five or so years whereas our cost of living has increased exponentially?

When 3% of a First World nation's population is rich and 97% of it are poor you'll know the collapse has occurred. Got Saudi Arabia? Got Egypt? Got Jordan? Got Syria? Got Lebanon? Got Afghanistan? Got Libya? Got the remaining African/Central American/South American nations?

There will be safe islands amidst this global economic collapse... India/Pakistan/Germany/perhaps even Canada.

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Sorry if I come across as a Grumpy old guy, ( but if the shoe fits). In the late 50's kids were being told by their teachers that we will run out of oil long before at lot of the people reading this post would be born.
This story that the Civilized world is on the very brink of destruction because of over population and the abuse of the natural resources has been going on since at least the 3rd century A.D..
its not that the civilized world is on the brink of destruction but more like on the brink of huge wake up call and population reduction "at some point" in the relativly near future. Its a bit silly to think that the lifestyle that developed nations have grown accustom to(thanks to fossil fuel) is sustainable for any long period of time. I do believe we are running out of oil. its not an infinit resource and is being used like it is and its never gonna run out. If we werent past peak and oil was still flowing like it was in the fifty's we would'nt be seeing these oil sand and off shore mines that cost huge amounts of money to run and have mixed success. those kinds of mines didnt exist until somewhat recently and only because the large fields are dryin up. I hope your right and we can go about our buisness as usuall for another hundred/thousand years or so because I dont want to be around when we run out of fossil fuel but I think I will be unfortunatly.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Since it's a bunch of professors predicting this it must be true. Just look at all the predictions that Paul R. Ehrlich made about this subject, they all came true......no they were all wrong. Maybe these brilliant educators should study Julian Simon. Bunch of BS!!!

Just an old guy that's seen crap like this to long.................

1 - 20 of 51 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.