M14 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
398 Posts
I don't have any of them!

To be more exact, the Meridian PD was suspended, not the whole state. I've heard Meridian has gotten rough and the cops are corrupt. I live 90 minutes away so I don't have a lot of first hand knowledge other than stopping for gas on my way to the South Store.

·
Registered
431 Posts
In reference to the other thread regarding the militarization of the police, M-14's (if they are selective fire) should NOT be provided to civilian law enforcement.

Suspended??? Charges need to be filed on whoever signed the receipt(s)! I guess the saying is true "When guns are outlawed only outlaws will have guns."

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
Amazing. And they have no idea where they went.

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Where does the BATFE fit in here? I know that if a SOT FFL "lost" an NFA item said dealer would be in deep doo-doo or prison even if the NFA item was suddenly "found". Yet the only penalty these agencies face is a reprimanded and suspension from the program. Why is accountability so different for civilians versus government? The same old song and dance; the money isn't coming out of their pockets so it doesn't matter!

·
Registered
2,609 Posts
article said:
...We uncovered a pattern of missing M14 and M16 assault rifles across the country, as well as instances of missing .45-caliber pistols, shotguns and 2 cases of missing Humvee vehicles...
I finally figured it out, but I every time I read that all I could think was to wonder how many Humvees come in a case!

·
Registered
8,481 Posts
Imagine the headlines .........

The BATF would be moving heaven and earth to track these down if they had been in civilian hands and just "disappeared". The LameStreetMedia would be .....aw heck you can imagine their response

·
Registered
3,898 Posts
Years ago through the State Rifle/Pistol Assoc. I was assigned 6 M14's for competitors in my area and none of them had the selector, but papers authorizing use of the rifles were kept in the butt stock for even without the selector they were still classed as machine guns. Some PD's in this area have them but from what I know they are seldom if ever used. Had to turn them in for inspection in November of each year and everyone knew that if they had been modified, lost, sold, etc., some very bad things were going to happen to that individual.

·
Registered
5,103 Posts
If its an "M14" its easy to buy the parts to return them to full auto. Not that a full auto M14 is worth a lot if hitting a target at distance is the intent, but it takes just a few minutes to remove the cap and reinstall the "switch".

Reactions: MemphisMachinists

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
The BATF would be moving heaven and earth to track these down if they had been in civilian hands and just "disappeared". The LameStreetMedia would be .....aw heck you can imagine their response
OH THE HUMANITIES

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zWKyYRJEcRo[/ame]

1 - 20 of 58 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.