M14 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
Im rangejunkie. I am around the Jackson, Ms area and I shoot at the Turcotte Range in Canton. I have not gotten my M14/M1A yet but I am learning all I can about them and I almost have enough money saved up to get one. Probably gonna happen either next month or in January. I have been looking at the site for a while and finally decided to join so I am happy to be here now.
Thanks,
Rangejunkie out.

·
Retired Admin
I lost all of my rifles & handguns in a mishap on Rio Grande when the barge hit a sandbar and sank.
19,025 Posts
Research, still the best game in town......

Welcome on board rangejunkie, great site here so enjoy and post often about your range trips with your new M1A.DI5

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
Welcome to the forum from NorCal. Be sure and keep us posted on what you get when the time comes.GITEN

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well the time is coming pretty soon. The more I think about the the harder it is to weight. I will probably go with SAI, that is the only kind I can get around here that I know of. There is a Local shop that has a basic model for sale @ $1200. I am just trying to save up for the scope now. I really want a Mark IV Leuopold, but that is kinda dreaming. Probably will shoot irons for a while. A little back history with me and the M14/M1A. What made me fall in love with it is when I used to volunteer out at Turcotte Shooting range as a range officer. A local patron asked me to try and sight in his rifle... a M14. Well I got behind it and after getting what i thought would be zero before firing I shot and I got his irons sighted in at about 5 shots at close to 150 yds or so... Then I sighted his scope in... that was easier. Also the gun was a National Match. Probably why it shot so well. But from that day on I have been in Love with the rifle. Sooo. thats my story and my excuse for buying one.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.