1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
I vote plain stupid DISHOUT

·
Registered
9,465 Posts
The seller likely thinks the firing mechanism is USGI just 'cuz it's from a 1977 vintage M1A according to the ad.

Newsflash, Springfield Armory, Inc. has been using commercial parts since 1976, aside from the receivers.

·
Cranky Old Vietnam Vet
10,663 Posts
What if the Seller had just stated:

"USGI-Type Trigger Group" ?

GITEN

CAVman in WYoming

·
Registered
564 Posts
It amazes me how many people on GB do misrepresent things. I've been looking for a M1 Carbine of late and do know a little about them. I saw a carbine for sale that had been reworked at the end of the war. The seller stressed that it was not a rework and it was untouched since WWII.
Same as the USGI mags or parts that have NEVER seen a day of service issue or ownership by the government.
Buyer beware.

·
Registered
5,747 Posts
Educate me....since many SA M1A's have USGI parts, what do you see that determines that this trigger group isn't USGI...? Are there no SA USGI trigger groups?
The trigger guard is covering the part number but USGI SA housings are stamped with "SA" as such:

Also there should be no dashes followed by numbers or letters in the part numbers (-0, -1 or -2, I, G...).

·
Registered
209 Posts
Look at this beauty:

When I opened this up from its original packaging, I was like "Ahhhhh, breath that wonderful March of 1962 air..." It seems to me that the old Springfield Armory wouldn't allow a broken stamping die to remain in service.

·
Registered
279 Posts
A larger percentage of people selling things on gun broken are 1) Liars and crooks and same goes for gun shows as well....All the fake's US stock Cartouche is an epidemic etc etc.. make me sick.. I see the same guy at gunshows selling all these WW2 different countries..Sniper rifles very very rare examples... has a whole table full of them, I asked if they are original "yeah of course all original.. they were MINT he was a Liar..period.. I just walked away... That is not news to me... So the Million dollar question is.. Why does SAI go to such great lengths to "appear to be the original U.S. Springfield Armory. going as far as stamping their knock off parts with SA letter codes and such not SAI.. Stamps they also try as hard as possible to keep the made in China, Korea, brazil quiet.. I'm not knocking SA inc .. They make (sell) some great products..but they ain't as great as they were years ago.. B2B

1 - 13 of 13 Posts