M14 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This was posted on a thread and decided to start a new due to not interfering or hijack the original topic. If anyone is to take on this project...Plz read on.

Original Thread, Post #13

Best Regards,
M1A96819

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquilon
I'm seriously considering picking up a Sage Mod 0 to mount my LRB M25 w/ Kreiger medium weight barrel in. What would something like that set me back
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please Click on the following links:
LRB Arms M14SA Receiver

LRB Arms M25 Receiver

Both the Standard or extended LRB M25 scope mount will require machining or modification to take out much needed picatinny rails to be mounted properly on any Sage EBR Stock.

Unless you own one of the original Sage USMC M39 EMR chassis stock, the Sage USMC M39 stock is to be used with the recommended scope mount without any modifications from the factory by Sage International, LTD..

·
Registered
5,747 Posts
Yup... not looking forward to doing that to my Mod 1 when my 20MOA rail gets back from being chopped up. I'll probably send the hand guard to the same guy cutting up my rail then put some aluminum black on it.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Yup... not looking forward to doing that to my Mod 1 when my 20MOA rail gets back from being chopped up. I'll probably send the hand guard to the same guy cutting up my rail then put some aluminum black on it.
buy a cut top cover from trevor at tactically armed citizen then have the guys at laser my gun(they're on calguns)anodize it to match

·
Registered
5,747 Posts
buy a cut top cover from trevor at tactically armed citizen then have the guys at laser my gun(they're on calguns)anodize it to match
Hmmmm... Why not have my rail machined to fit my setup for $30? Seems a lot cheaper than buying a new top rail that may or may not fit with my M25 rail. As for anodizing, the area won't be seen so it's not all that concerning to me. Besides, I'd want the whole stock done to make sure it all matched.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Also, With the extra long extended rail from LRB I do not think that the "relieved" Sage rail would fit. It looks from the pictures that you would still need to cut some of the top rail.

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Also, With the extra long extended rail from LRB I do not think that the "relieved" Sage rail would fit. It looks from the pictures that you would still need to cut some of the top rail.
Yup, looks like to be about three more picatinny rails will need to be removed to use the extended rail from LRB. Since the USMC M39 EMR stocks is a rarity now.........I will not be cutting any rails.DI5

·
Registered
5,747 Posts
Here's what I removed from mine:

I don't have the full length extended rail so i didn't need to take off as much. I sprayed some Alumahyde II over the exposed aluminum to protect it and hide it.

·
Registered
114 Posts
personally I woul dhave rather cut the front end of the scope rail itself once you know where the scope rings were than shop a 750 dollar stock. You could always get a new scope mount from LRB...just my thoughts..

·
Registered
504 Posts
Here is my cut job: Don't mind the crappy krylon paint job on the cut part..... I am waiting for my Duracoat to come in and I will be doing a DIY air brush job of the entire rifle... My uct is a little deeper than Noexperts but it gets the job done. I can remove the enitre top rail without touching the M25 rail section.

Specs:
- LRB M25 receiver
- 18.5" Criterion chrome-lined barrel, medium weight (1/11 twist)
- Sage EBR Mod 1, Magpul MOE grip, Magpul AFG grip
- Sadlak titanium gas piston
- Sadlak extended tactical magazine release
- Sadlak spring guide
- SEI DC Vortex
- SEI extended bolt stop
- SEI GLFS "dovetail"
- Winter safety (added by yours truly)
- Scope: Bushnell 4200 1/10 mil FFP 3-12x.... will be replaced as this is on my Winchester model 70 normally (still waiting for the 1-8x war to end and prices to drop)
- Scope rings: Badger USMC DMR
- Blue Force Gear Sling (ITW mash hooks... I found them more stable than HK hooks)

Still to Come: Atlas Bipod, vertical fore grip (stubby, I am not really digging the AFG), new scope (1-6x, 1-8x, 1.5-10x still not sure). I also plan on adding a MRDS at the 1 o-clock position, I have found it much quicker to cant the weapon at close range than have to dial it down to 1x and vice-a-versa.

Edit: I would not do this to a rare M39 stock but had no problem doing this to my Mod 1..... a hacksaw, dremel, hand file and a little elbow greese and it came right off. It may not be the prettiest but it accomplished my goal and the cut part is hardly ever seen.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts