M14 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im wondering if anyone has any experience with the millett 1-4 DM scope on an M1A/m14. I just received my ARMS 18 mount and got a really good deal on the millett with arms throw lever 30mm rings, havent gotten it yet but was wondering what to expect as far as performance, eye relief, and if theres anything I need to watch out for.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have one on one of my M4's and I love it. It has plenty of eye relief and is very adjustable. It's not made in the US which sucks but it is a great scope for the $. The illuminated reticle works great in low light; however in a light background it washes out, but the reticle does not need to be illuminated to work. There are a ton of threads on other sites which address the pros and cons if you do a google search, but honestly there are not a lot of cons. They have a lifetime warranty and glass is pretty clear. Hope that answers your question at least a little.

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the input . I did google search it and found some info on it but nothing when it came to mounting it on bigger calibers other than .223/556. it seems to fit the bill for the budget I guess, after dropping 2600 on the rifle it didnt leave much room in the wallet to play with for top end glass. I was gonna stick with iron sights but after a few range trips I found I could barely see a 1" bullseye at 100 yards and figured a 4x optic would be a good way to go for 200-300 yard targets and the millet seemed like a decent sight for that app probably not as good as an acog but 1/10 the price. Im glad to hear end users dont think its crap

·
Registered
79 Posts
I've used one on a AR and a M1A standard. Really handy on the AR and serviceable on the M1A. Hit 300 yard target,center mass, repeatedly with the M1A. I just wish it was "click " adjustable instead of friction. Good scope for the money.

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
so you think the millett does better on the ar platform? Iv been considering pulling the aimpoint off my M4 and putting that on my M14SA and when the Millett arives throw that on the m4, decisions decisions Iv had to rezero my guns so many times cause I cant decide which sight is the best for which gun lol. but the results you got is pretty much what Im goin for, center mass @ 300 yards Id be happy with that

·
Registered
66 Posts
For the money the Millet DMS-1 is a great scope. I started my EBR out with the DMS on top of it and it worked perfectly. I took it off though and put it on my AR. Nothing wrong with the scope at all just wanted more magnification. If you are looking for a great optic at a budget price check out the Vortex Crossfire series. I have the 2.5-10 on my EBR now and absolutely love it. It will be on there til my Viper PST shows up.

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Those vortex scopes look nice, the price is pretty good as well. That will probably be the next scope I pick up. The illuminated retical 3-9x model looks pretty attractive.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Millet

I have the Millet 1x4 on my ar and love it. I and my son own nothing but Millefor our rifle's. He has a Millet on his DPMS 308, and Browning X-bolt 308 hunting and my hunting rifle. We are a Millet family.

Any rifle the we buy from now on will have a Millet on it, PERIOD!!!!

Glenn

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I like your dedication to the millett, it gives me confidence in my purchase. Sh-t for 250 including arms throw lever rings and scope I was thinking it was worth a try even if it was a bunk scope, but now Im thinking It might serve me pretty good and cant wait to try it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts